Live-Action Boys Over Flowers Season 2 Show Previewed in 2 Ads
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The site previously streamed another ad on March 25.
The series will premiere on TBS' Kayō Drama (Tuesday Drama) time slot on April 17 at 10:00 p.m. Kamio drew a special chapter for the original Boys Over Flowers in this year's ninth issue of Shueisha's Margaret magazine, which shipped on Thursday. The chapter has a "celebration" theme.
The previously announced cast members, from left to right in the front row of the image above, include:
- King & Prince's Shō Hirano as C5 leader Haruto Kaguragi
- Hana Sugisaki as the protagonist Oto Edogawa
- Taishi Nakagawa as Oto's fiancee Tenma Hase
- Jin Suzuki as C5 member Issha Narumiya
- Marie Iitoyo as Megumi Nishidome, a popular model who transfers to Eitoku Academy to get closer to Haruto
- Tatsuomi Hamada as C5 member Kaito Taira
- Mio Imada as C5 member Airi Mayu
- Keisuke Nakata as C5 member Sugimaru Eibi
Other cast members include:
- Ruruka Kinami as Arisa Konno
- Keiko Horiōchi as Miyoko Hase
- Tet Wada as Kazuma Hase
- Kōtarō Shiga as Kōzō Kobayashi
- Kasaki Takao as Rie Hase
- Ken'ichi Takitō as Iwao Kaguragi
- Momoko Kikuchi as Yukie Edogawa
- Riku Kashima as Jin Konoe
- Takashi Sorimachi as protagonist Oto Edogawa's father Makoto
- David Ito as private secretary Nishida (reprising role)
- Sumie Sasaki as head maid Tama (reprising role)
The story of the manga is set at Eitoku Academy two years after the legendary F4 group graduated and follows the next generation of characters. The drama, however, will change the story to take place 10 years after the F4 graduated.
The manga debuted in Japan on Shueisha's Shonen Jump+ app in February 2015, and Shueisha published the ninth compiled book volume on April 4. Viz Media is publishing the manga as a free simultaneous digital release.
The original Boys Over Flowers manga followed 16-year old Tsukushi Makino, a bright girl from a middle-class family who gets accepted into the ultra elite Eitoku Academy. She finds herself on the bad side of the school's F4, the four most elite male members at the school. The manga has more than 64 million copies in print.
The original Boys Over Flowers manga has already been adapted into Japanese anime, a 1995 Japanese live-action film, and a more well-known 2005 Japanese television drama, the latter of which spawned a sequel and a hit film. Taiwan also remade the manga into a live-action university drama titled Meteor Garden. Crunchyroll streamed a Korean live-action adaptation in 2011. A Filipino company announced in November that it would produce its own adaptation. A stage musical adaptation ran in Japan from January to February 2016.