Exclusive: Batman Ninja Anime's Clip Shows Batman Fighting Samurai
posted on 2018-04-20 13:00 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Warner Bros. shared an exclusive English-dubbed clip of the Batman Ninja anime with ANN on Friday. The clip shows Batman fending off samurai attackers.
The official PlayStation Youtube channel also began streaming a clip from the anime on Thursday. The clip shows Batman being transported to medieval Japan.
Warner Bros. will release the film on Digital on April 24, and on Blu-ray Disc Steelbook, DVD, and Blu-ray/DVD combo pack on May 8. The anime will debut in Japanese theaters on June 15 with a Japanese voice cast.
The English cast includes:
- Roger Craig Smith (Batman: Arkham Origins) as Batman
- Tony Hale as the Joker
- Grey Griffin as Catwoman
- Tara Strong (Batman: The Killing Joke) as Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
- Fred Tatasciore as Gorilla Grodd and Deathstroke
- Yuri Lowenthal as Robin
- Adam Croasdell as Nightwing and Alfred
- Will Friedle as Red Robin and Red Hood
- Tom Kenny as Penguin
- Eric Bauza as Two-Face
Warner Bros. describes the story:
Batman Ninja takes a journey across the ages as Gorilla Grodd's time displacement machine transports many of Batman's worst enemies to feudal Japan - along with the Dark Knight and a few of his allies. The villains take over the forms of the feudal lords that rule the divided land, with the Joker taking the lead among the warring factions. As his traditional high-tech weaponry is exhausted almost immediately, Batman must rely on his intellect and his allies - including Catwoman and the extended Bat-family - to restore order to the land, and return to present-day Gotham City.
Junpei Mizusaki, the producer of the opening animation sequences for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders and Kamikaze Douga CEO/founder, is the film's director. Kazuki Nakashima, who was in charge of the series scripts for Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill, is the screenwriter. Takashi Okazaki, the creator of the Afro Samurai manga, is the character designer for the film. The project also involves English-language screenwriters Leo Chu and Eric Garcia, the executive producers for the Afro Samurai series and Afro Samurai: Resurrection film.
Kamikaze Douga is working on the project, and Yuugo Kanno (Psycho-Pass, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Ajin) is composing the music. The anime's website stated the project is three years in the making.
The rest of the staff includes:
- Part Director: Shinji Takagi, Junichi Yamamoto, Shuhei Morita
- Storyboards: Romanov Higa, Junichi Yamamoto, Shuhei Morita
- Mechanical Design: Yoshihiro Sono, Daisuke Sajiki, Takashi Okazaki, Akira Gonpei, Shinji Aramaki
- Concept Art: Michi Suzuki
- Imageboards: Fuminori Kizaki, Jooyo Chang
- CGI Director: Satoshi Sawada, Takanobu Mizuno
- Chief Modeler: Yūki Ishikawa
- Chief Robo Modeler: Akira Gonpei
- Animation Chief: Ryūsuke Sakamoto, Kōichi Yoshino,
- Texture Chief: Hiromitsu Saitou
- Color Design: Satoko Kimura
- Art Director: Masanobu Nomura
- Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose (eDiTz)
- Composite Director: Miho Sakina
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Sound Effects: Yasumasa Koyama
- Setting Research: Mitsuyasu Sakai
- Animation Producer: Tetsuro Satomi
- Producer: Kazutatsu Shimizu
- Production Cooperation: Lapiz
Batman and all related characters and elements © & TM DC Comics
Image © 2018 Warner Bros. Entertainment All rights reserved