Live-Action After the Rain Film's Music Video Features Original Footage
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the live-action film of Jun Mayuzuki's Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (After the Rain) manga began streaming the music video on Thursday for the film's theme song "Front Memory" by Emiko Suzuki and Seiji Kameda, a cover of Shinsei Kamattechan's 2014 song of the same name. The film's director Akira Nagai also directed the video, and the video features both original footage as well as footage from the film.
Mayuzuki also drew the jacket illustration for the "Front Memory" CD single that shows protagonist Akira Tachibana. The CD single will ship on May 23.
The film will open in Japan on May 25.
A live-action spinoff web mini-series titled Koi wa Ameagari no You ni: Pocket no Naka no Negaigoto (After the Rain: Wish in a Pocket) debuted on the GyaO! streaming service on May 2. The remaining episodes will stream on May 11, 18, and 25. The series has the same cast as the film.
The additional cast includes (clockwise from top left in image above):
- Shōno Hayama as Takashi Yoshizawa, Akira's classmate who has a crush on her
- Nana Seino as Haruka Kiyan, Akira's close friend and captain of the track team
- Hayato Isomura as Ryōsuke Kase, Akira's fellow part-time worker and cook at Garden
- Honoka Matsumoto as Yui Nishida, Akira's fellow part-time worker and waitress at Garden
- Mari Hamada as Kayoko Kubo, Akira's fellow part-time worker and waitress at Garden
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Chihiro Kujō, Masami's old friend, and a novelist
- Yō Yoshida as Tomoyo Tachibana, Akira's mother
- Maika Yamamoto as Mizuki Kurata, a track star who has her sights set on Akira
The manga centers on 17-year-old high school student Akira Tachibana, a girl who barely expresses herself. She harbors a secret crush on Masami Kondō, the 45-year-old manager of the family restaurant she works at part-time.
Mayuzuki launched the manga in Shogakukan's Monthly Big Comic Spirits in 2014 and transferred to Weekly Big Comic Spirits in early 2016, where it serialized a new chapter every other week until it ended on March 19. Shogakukan published the manga's 10th and final volume on April 27. The manga has more than 2 million copies in print. Vertical Comics has licensed the manga and will release it in five volumes beginning on September 25.
The manga's 12-episode television anime adaptation premiered on January 11 on the Noitamina programming block on Fuji TV, and ended on March 30. The show streamed exclusively on Amazon Prime Video inside and outside of Japan, with the English title After the Rain.
Source: Comic Natalie