Anime Limited Acquires Gundam Thunderbolt, Gundam 00 and Sound! Euphonium
posted on by Andrew Osmond
At the MCM London Comic Con, Anime Limited announced the following acquisitions:
- Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky will be released as a Limited Blu-ray in 2018. The feature film is a director's cut edition of the Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt net anime. Both anime are based on Yasuo Ohtagaki's Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt manga. The director's cut edition includes additional scenes.
- The 2007-9 series Mobile Suit Gundam 00 has also been acquired for "Limited" Blu-ray. Anime Limited has acquired both TV seasons, as well as the OVA editions and the feature film, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer.
- Kyoto Animation's Sound! Euphonium S1 will also be released as a Collectors Blu-ray in 2018, including a 52-page book. This follows a previous announcement that Anime Limited would not release the title; since then, according to the panellists, the company could 'right this wrong.' (The company does not have the rights to Season 2 or the related films as of writing.)
- The 2016 series Amanchu (S1), about the everyday lives of the members of a diving club in Shizuoka prefecture, will be released in 2018 as a Collector's Blu-ray, subtitled only.
- Anime Limited will also release the feature-length live-action documentary, Hayao Miyazaki: Never-Ending Man. This NHK film was previously described by the Japan Society in New York City as follows: 'This intimate, revealing NHK documentary portrait of Hayao Miyazaki follows the tireless animator from his announced semi-retirement in 2013 through his decision to develop Boro the Caterpillar, an animated short originally intended for the Ghibli Museum, into his final feature film.'
- There are plans for a Collectors Blu-ray/DVD combo edition of Masaaki Yuasa's Lu Over the Wall, which would include a 52-page book, but these are not confirmed yet.
- The release of Turn A Gundam and Season 1 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are both 'still in the works', but there are no updates on those titles yet.