Live-Action Bleach Trailer Shows Urahara, Orihime, Chad
posted on 2018-06-12 19:22 EDT by Karen Ressler
The staff for the live-action film of Tite Kubo's Bleach manga revealed a new trailer and poster visual on Wednesday. The trailer, which has both a full version and a 60-second version, is the first to show the characters Kisuke Urahara, Orihime Inoue, Yasutora "Chad" Sado, and Ichigo's parents Masaki Kurosaki and Isshin Kurosaki. The video also previews the theme song "Mosquito Bite" by [ALEXANDROS].
The film will open in Japan on July 20. It will have its North American premiere on July 28 at the Japan Cuts Festival in New York.
The cast includes:
- Sōta Fukushi (live-action Strobe Edge's Ren Ichinose, live-action Kami-sama no Iu Toori's Shun Takahata) as protagonist Ichigo Kurosaki
- Hana Sugisaki (live-action Blade of the Immortal's Rin, Mary and The Witch's Flower's Mary, When Marnie Was There's Sayaka) as Rukia Kuchiki
- Ryō Yoshizawa (live-action Gintama's Sōgo Okita) as Uryū Ishida
- Taichi Saotome (Crows Explode's Ryōhei Kagami) as Renji Abarai
- MIYAVI (live-action Blade of the Immortal theme song performer) as Byakuya Kuchiki
- Erina Mano as Orihime Inoue, Ichigo's classmate
- Yu Koyanagi as Yasutora "Chad" Sado, Ichigo's classmate
- Masami Nagasawa as Masaki Kurosaki, Ichigo's mother
- Yosuke Eguchi as Isshin Kurosaki, Ichigo's father
- Seiichi Tanabe as Kisuke Urahara, a strangely-dressed man who helps support the Shinigami against the Hollows
The story will center on the "Substitute Shinigami Arc," the manga's first arc which ran from its first to eighth volume.
Kubo launched Bleach in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2001, and ended it in August 2016. Viz Media published the manga in North America digitally in English as Shueisha published new chapters in Japan. Viz Media is also publishing the manga in print.
Source: Comic Natalie
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history