New Shin Evangelion Film Reveals Additional Staff
posted on by Karen Ressler
- CGI Animation Director: Yusuke Matsui
- CGI Technical Director: Takashi Suzuki
- CGI Modeling Director: Manabu Kobayashi
- CGI Animation: Masanori Iwasato, Ryōichi Nakama
- Rigging: Tsubasa Takabe
- Photography: Nanae Hirabayashi, Hiroaki Yabe, Toyonori Yamada
- Monitor Graphics: Hiroyasu Kobayashi
- Key Animation: Syūichi Iseki
- In-between Animation: Studio Khara
- Color Setting: Kazuko Kikuchi (Wish)
- Background Art: Tatsuya Kushida (Deho Gallery)
The post also shared some early concept art for Unit 08.
Khara, the studio behind director Hideaki Anno's new Evangelion films, confirmed in April 2017 that the next Shin Evangelion project is in production. Khara's official website also revealed in April 2017 that the studio was recruiting animators, modelers, technical staff, system engineers, and production managers. Tatsuya Kushida, the films' art director, revealed an image board for the final movie in July 2017.
The title for the final Evangelion film was announced back in 2012 as Evangelion Shin Gekijōban :||, or Evangelion: 3.0+1.0. The ":||" at the end of the Japanese title is meant to be the symbol used in music to denote repetition after reaching the end of a measure.
The first three films in the tetralogy, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance, and Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, debuted in 2007, 2009, and 2012 respectively.
Source: Studio Khara Unit 2 Twitter
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history