New Shin Evangelion Film's Teaser Video Streamed
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Studio Khara's official website for its new Evangelion film, Shin Evangelion Gekijō-ban :||, began streaming the film's teaser video on Thursday. The same video is screening before showings of Mamoru Hosoda's Mirai film in Japan.
Khara added in an announcement on Thursday that it is considering legal action against those who recorded and uploaded the video illegally from theaters.
The film will open in Japan in 2020.
The film's staff includes:
- CGI Animation Director: Yusuke Matsui
- CGI Technical Director: Takashi Suzuki
- CGI Modeling Director: Manabu Kobayashi
- CGI Animation: Masanori Iwasato, Ryōichi Nakama
- Rigging: Tsubasa Takabe
- Photography: Nanae Hirabayashi, Hiroaki Yabe, Toyonori Yamada
- Monitor Graphics: Hiroyasu Kobayashi
- Key Animation: Syūichi Iseki
- In-between Animation: Studio Khara
- Color Setting: Kazuko Kikuchi (Wish)
- Background Art: Tatsuya Kushida (Deho Gallary)
Khara, the studio behind director Hideaki Anno's new Evangelion films, confirmed in April 2017 that the next Shin Evangelion project is in production. Khara's official website also revealed in April 2017 that the studio was recruiting animators, modelers, technical staff, system engineers, and production managers. Tatsuya Kushida, the films' art director, revealed an image board for the final movie in July 2017.
The title for the final Evangelion film was announced back in 2012 as Evangelion Shin Gekijōban :||, or Evangelion: 3.0+1.0. The ":||" at the end of the Japanese title is meant to be the symbol used in music to denote repetition after reaching the end of a measure.
The first three films in the tetralogy, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance, and Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, debuted in 2007, 2009, and 2012 respectively.