Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur Anime's 1st Promo Video Highlights Show's Cast
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for the television anime of Square Enix's Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur (Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur) massively multi-player online role-playing game began streaming the show's first promotional video on Thursday. The video previews Ayaka Ohashi's opening theme song "Highlight."
Tokyo MX will premiere the first season on October 25 at 10:00 p.m., and then Sun TV, TV Aichi, BS11, and AT-X will start the season later that same day. Before then, two specials will air on October 11 and 18. The anime will have a second season that will premiere in April 2019.
The show's cast includes:
- Sora Amamiya as Danchō (Team Leader) Arthur
- Himika Akaneya as Nuckelavee, Danchō Arthur's support fairy
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Tekken (Iron Fist) Arthur
- Rie Takahashi as Titania, Tekken Arthur's support fairy
- Ayana Taketatsu as Yamaneko (Wildcat) Arthur
- Nao Toyama as Coopy, Yamaneko Arthur's support fairy
- Natsuki Hanae as Kakka (Lord) Arthur
- Yū Serizawa as Brigitte, Kakka Arthur's support fairy
- Inori Minase as Renkin (Alchemy) Arthur
- Suzuko Mimori as Bodach, Renkin Arthur's support fairy
- Yūichi Nakamura as Rurō (Wanderer) Arthur
- Rina Hidaka as Bethor, Rurō Arthur's support fairy
Youhei Suzuki is directing the anime at J.C. Staff. Tsuyoshi Tamai (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Strike Witches) is in charge of the series scripts. Yoshinari Saito (Venus Project: Climax) is the character designer, and Masahito Onoda (Student Council's Discretion Lv. 2, No-Rin) is the sub-designer. Ken Naito (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) is the art director, and Shiho Mizoe (Amanchu! Advance) is the color designer. Yūji Kondō is credited as editor. Yoshikazu Iwanami is the sound director, and Magic Capsule is credited as the sound producer. Go Shiina is composing the music, with Lantis as music producer. Genco is producing the anime.
Himika Akaneya, Rie Takahashi, Nao Tōyama, Yū Serizawa, Suzuko Mimori, and Rina Hidaka will perform the ending theme song "KI-te MI-te HIT PARADE!" as their respective characters.
The game has not yet been scheduled for launch in Japan, but it launched in China on iOS and Android devices in March. The separate Kō-Kyō-Sei Million Arthur action game for iOS and Android devices will launch on October 4.
Square Enix released its first mobile card game based on the folklore of King Arthur in Japan in 2012 as Kaku San Sei Million Arthur. South Korean publisher Gamevil brought the game to North America and Europe in 2015, after Square Enix closed the game's Japanese servers in March 2015.
The game inspired a live-action TV show in 2014, and it has also inspired the Jaku-San-Sei Million Arthur four-panel manga. An anime adaptation of the manga started streaming in fall of 2015. Square Enix also released a sequel game, titled Kai-Ri-Sei Million Arthur, in Japan in November 2014.