A3! Male Actor-Training Game Gets 2nd Stage Play in January
posted on 2018-11-05 01:15 EST by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for stage play adaptation of Liber Entertainment's A3! male actor-raising smartphone game revealed on Sunday that a sequel stage play titled Mankai Stage A3! ~Autumn & Winter 2019~ is in production. The play will run at the Nippon Seinenkan Hall in Tokyo from January 31 to February 11, at the Shimonoseki Community Hall in Yamaguchi on February 23 and 24, at the Umeda Arts Theater in Osaka from February 27 to March 3, and then at The Galaxy Theater in Tokyo from March 15 to March 24.
The cast includes:
- Kenta Mizue as Banri Settsu
- Tarō Nakamura as Jūza Hyōdō
- Ryōtarō Akazawa as Taichi Nanao
- Seiya Inagaki as Omi Fushimi
- Ray Fujita as Sakyō Furuichi
- Yoshihiko Aramaki as Tsumugi Tsukioka
- Ryo Kitazono as Tasuku Takatō
- Keisuke Ueda as Hisoka Mikage
- Ryōsuke Tanaka as Homare Arisugawa
- Kandai Ueda as Azuma Yukishiro
- Yūki Maekawa as Tsuzuru Minagi
- Toshiki Tateishi as Itaru Chigasaki
- Jun Noguchi as Muku Sakisaka
- Reo Honda as Misumi Ikaruga
- Yukihiro Takiguchi as Yūzō Kashima
- Ryō Taguchi as Isuke Matsukawa
- Tokihiro Tauchi as Ken Sakoda
- Ryūjirō Izaki as Haruto Asuka
- Ryūnosuke Kawai as Lenny Kamikizaka
Fumiya Matsuzaki is directing the play, with a script by Shinjirō Kameda. Yu of vague is composing the music. Umebō is handling choreography.
The A3! game debuted for smartphones in January 2017, reaching two million downloads within a month of its debut. The game has five million downloads as of March 2018. The app also ranked #2 in iOS game sales in Japan two times on January 9 and January 10. Cybird will release the game worldwide in English.
The game features four male actor groups, each themed after a particular season. Players take the role of the producer, and are responsible for training the performance skills of their group.
The game inspired a stage play that debuted at The Galaxy Theater in Tokyo on July 8, and also ran in Kyoto before returning to The Galaxy Theater for a final run that began on October 26, and ended on Sunday.