Cowboy Bebop Ultimate Edition Update
posted on 2018-11-07 18:42 EST by Andrew Osmond
Anime Limited has confimed details of the contents of its forthcoming Ultimate Edition of Cowboy Bebop, although the release date is still TBC. However Anime Limited says that it will be "in time for Christmas... We intend for this to be shipping by the week before Christmas at the latest."
The collection is strictly limited to a thousand copies. It will be available exclusively from the Zavvi and AllTheAnime websites (and where possible, at events where Anime Limited exhibits). Its SRP will be £299.99, although until December 7, AllTheAnime will be offering it for pre-order at £224.99.
It will include the following:
- The 26-part TV series will be over four Blu-ray discs, with both Japanese and English audio. It will include commentaries on five episodes (three with Japanese cast and crew, two with the English-dub cast and crew); the music video for the opening song Tank!; and the short Ein's Summer Holiday. The vinyl gatefold packaging for these Blu-rays is pictured left
- The feature film Cowboy Bebop: The Movie on Blu-ray, together with six "Behind the Scenes!!" featurettes with comments from Japanese cast and crew. There will also be "Storyboard Comparisons" on four scenes and five conceptual art galleries;
- ,Three soundtrack CDs from the Cowboy Bebop TV series.
- The art book will be 120 pages, divided into sections on Line Art, Rough Sketches and Artworks. The book will have the same dimensions as a vinyl record.
- The set will be packaged in an individually numbered vinyl flight case, with dimensions of 33cm x 35cm x 21cm.
The TV series will be presented in 4:3 ratio (with black bars at the side of the screen) and the film in 16:9 widescreen ratio. The TV series will use Anime Limited's Blu-ray master, while the film will use the the same disc master that Manga Entertainment UK used for its previous Blu-ray release.