Super Robot Wars T Gets English Release in Southeast Asia
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Bandai Namco Entertainment Southeast Asia began streaming an English-subtitled trailer for its new Super Robot Wars T (Super Robot Taisen T) game on Tuesday. The trailer reveals that the game will get an English release in Southeast Asia for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Bandai Namco Entertainment Southeast Asia is also streaming a video message from series producer Nobuyuki Terada and Super Robot Wars T producer Shōhei Mogami.
The game will launch for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan in 2019. The game is also slated for release in Asia. The "T" in the game's title refers to "Terra," meaning "Earth."
The game will feature characters and mecha from the following series for the first time:
The game will feature the following returning series:
- Muteki Robo Trider G7
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- Aura Battle Dunbine: The Tale of Neo Byston Well
- Mobile Suit Z Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack Beltorchika's Children
- Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
- Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
- Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Steel Seven
- Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- Armored Trooper Votoms
- Armored Trooper Votoms: The Last Red Shoulder
- Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle
- The Brave Express Might Gaine
- GaoGaiGar: King of the Braves
- Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture - Prince of Darkness
- Getter Robo: Armageddon
- Mazinger Z: Infinity
A new Super Robot Taisen DD (Super Robot Wars DD) smartphone game will also launch for iOS and Android devices in Japan in 2019.
The most recent game in the franchise, Super Robot Taisen X (Super Robot Wars X), launched for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan on March 29. The game then shipped in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia) with English subtitles on April 26. Bandai Namco Entertainment also released the Super Robot Wars X-Ω smartphone game in October 2015 and continues to add new characters and mecha.