Hajimete Koi o Shita Hi ni Yomu Hanashi Live-Action Series Reveals 4 More Cast Members
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for the live-action television series adaptation of Aki Mochida's Hajimete Koi o Shita Hi ni Yomu Hanashi manga revealed four more cast members on Friday. The cast members, from left to right in the image below, are:
- Takuya Wakabayashi as Kisa
- Kazuki Horike as Nara
- Keisuke Sakurai as Kabu
- Takato Nagata as Endō.
All four are friends of Kyōhei Yuri in the story.
Ryūsei Yokohama (seen below in costume) plays Kyōhei Yuri, a high school delinquent who is aiming to get into Tokyo University.
Other previously announced cast members include:
- Kento Nagayama as Masashi Yakumo, Junko's cousin who has feelings for her
- Tomoya Nakamura as Kazuma Yamashita, Kyōhei's homeroom teacher, and a former schoolmate of both Junko and Masashi
- Yumi Adachi as Miwa Matsuoka, Junko's friend, and the owner of a cabaret club
- Kenjiro Ishimaru as Tadashi Harumi, Junko's father
- Fumi Dan as Shinobu Harumi, Junko's mother
- Shingo Tsurumi as Shōjirō Yuri, Kyōhei's father
- Katsuhisa Namase
- Yō Takahashi
- Sarutoki Minakawa
The show will premiere on TBS in January.
Ryōsuke Fukuda is one of the directors on the series, and Tomoko Yoshizawa is penning the script.
The manga centers on 31-year-old woman Junko Harumi. She fulfilled her parents' expectations and graduated with top marks in both middle and high school. However, after she failed her college entrance exams, she lost her motivation. She was not passionate when it came time to look for a job, and has been leading an aimless life ever since. Her life begins to change when she meets a high school boy who was even labeled by his own father as good for nothing.