City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes Film Previewed in 2 TV Ads
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Aniplex began streaming a 15-second and a 30-second commercial on Saturday for City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes, the new anime film adaptation of Tsukasa Hojo's City Hunter manga. Both videos feature TM Network's song "Get Wild," the ending theme song for the first City Hunter television anime. The song will also be the ending song for the film.
The film will open in Japan on February 8.
The returning cast members include:
- Akira Kamiya as Ryo Saeba
- Kazue Ikura as Kaori Makimura
- Harumi Ichiryūsai (Youko Asagami) as Saeko Nogami
- Tesshō Genda as Umibozu
- Mami Koyama as Miki
The new cast members include:
- Marie Iitoyo as Ai Shindō, a model and female college student who hires Ryo as a bodyguard
- Kōichi Yamadera as Shinji Mikuni, Kaori's childhood friend
- Houchu Ohtsuka as Vince Englert, a mysterious arms dealer
Yoshimi Tokui of the comedy duo Tutorial will have a special role in the film.
Director Kenji Kodama, who has directed most of the previous City Hunter anime, returns as the chief director. Yoichi Kato (Aikatsu!, Yōkai Watch, Monster Strike the Animation) is penning the script. Kumiko Takahashi (Birdy the Mighty, Card Captor Sakura) is the character designer and Taku Iwasaki (Gurren Lagann, Gatchaman Crowds) is composing the music. Sunrise is animating the film.
The new film will move the setting to present-day Shinjuku.