Super Sentai Gets 4-Episode Crossover Special in February
posted on by Karen Ressler
Toei's Super Sentai series will get a four-episode special titled Super Sentai Saikyō Battle!! (Super Sentai Strongest Battle) beginning on February 17 on TV Asahi. The episodes will air on consecutive weeks.
The special will be crossover featuring a team of five characters from earlier Super Sentai series, though other characters may appear. The main team includes:
- Yamato Kazakiri/ZyuOhEagle (played by Masaki Takao) from Dōbutsu Sentai Zyuohger
- Captain Marvelous/GokaiRed (played by Ryūta Ozawa) from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
- Stinger/SasoriOrange (played by Yōsuke Kishi) from Uchū Sentai Kyūranger
- Takaharu Igasaki/AkaNinger (played by Shunshuke Nishikawa) from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
- Kagura/ToQ#5 (played by Ai Moritaka) from Ressha Sentai ToQger
The story begins when a mysterious girl named Rita gathers past Super Sentai heroes on the planet Nemesis, where they are told they can have any wish granted if they win a battle with other heroes. The battle begins between various teams of five.
The latest Super Sentai television series, Kaitō Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger (Phantom Thief Sentai Lupinranger VS Police Sentai Patranger), premiered on February 11. The show is the 42nd in the live-action Super Sentai series since 1975, and it is the franchise's first television series to feature two rival sentai teams from the start. The movie Kaitō Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger en film premiered on August 4.