New Hakuōki Musical Unveils Visual, Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for Musical Hakuōki Shitan Kazama Chikage-hen, the new production in Marvelous, Inc.'s series of Hakuōki stage musicals, revealed a new visual and cast members on Thursday. The site also streamed a commercial on Saturday.
The cast includes:
- Masataka Nakagauchi as Kazama Chikage
- Sakiho Motonishi as Chizuru Yukimura
- Masanari Wada as Hijikata Toshizō
- Shōgo Yamazaki as Okita Sōji
- Tomoru Akazawa as Saitō Hajime
- Yūta Higuchi as Tōdō Heisuke
- Atomu Mizuichi as Harada Sanosuke
- Taira Imata as Isamu Kondō
- Teruma as Sannan Keisuke
- Yūta Kishimoto as Nagakura Shinpachi
- Taizō Shiina as Yamazaki Susumu
- Kentarō Kanesaki as Amagiri Kyūju
- Takuma Sueno as Shiranui Kyō
- Hiroyuki Kawamoto as Yukimura Kōdō
The play will run at the Nippon Seinenkan Hall in Tokyo from April 5 to 11, and then at the Kyoto Gekijō in Kyoto from April 18 to 21. Daisuke Nishida (Sengoku Basara, Blue Exorcist stage plays) is again directing the musical, and Nobuhiro Mōri is returning to write the script.
The first Hakuōki stage musical debuted in 2012, and the ninth installment, titled Musical Hakuōki Shitan Hijikata Toshizō-hen, ran in Kobe and Tokyo this past April and May.
The Musical Hakuōki Haku-Myu Live performance debuted in Kobe and Tokyo in 2014, followed by the Musical Hakuōki Haku-Myu Live 2 performance in Kyoto and Tokyo in 2016. The Musical Hakuōki Haku-Myu Live performances are similar to normal musicals in that the actors are in costume and perform on stage with choreography, but there is a minimal set and the audience stands throughout the performance while holding glow sticks, similar to a concert. The Haku-Myu Live shows are also not part of the main numbered stage musicals in the series.