News
Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire Smartphone Game Earns US$375 Million in 2018

posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Game has grossed US$518.4 million since June 2017 launch

Mobile app data analysis organization Sensor Tower reported on Saturday that Square Enix and MZ's Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire smartphone game earned an estimated US$375 million worldwide in 2018.

The iOS version accounted for 52% of the revenue in 2018, with the Android version accounting for the remaining 48%. Players in the United States accounted for 44% of the gross total for 2018, while Japanese players accounted for 27%.

The game has earned a cumulative total of US$518.4 million since launching in June 2017. US$518.4 million is the equivalent of 8.64 million copies of a full-priced console game (at US$60 per copy). In comparison, the main Final Fantasy XV game had shipped 8.1 million copies worldwide (this number includes digital sales) as of September.

Square Enix describes the smartphone game:

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire is a mobile adventure that lets you rewrite a favorite classic to fulfill your unique destiny. Journey through vast kingdoms, gather magical resources, and build the strongest Empire in Final Fantasy history! Fight fire with magic to defend friends and defeat foes alongside millions of players from around the world! Do you have the strength and strategy to control the Crystal and rule the Realm?

According to Sensor Tower, the game has been downloaded more than 51 million times. The game earned US$30 million in November

Source: Sensor Tower (Randy Nelson)


discuss this in the forum (2 posts) |
bookmark/share with:

News homepage / archives