Live-Action The Fable Film's Special Trailer Streamed
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for the live-action film adaptation of Katsuhisa Minami's The Fable manga began streaming a special trailer on Friday. The video includes behind-the-scenes footage and an interview with Junichi Okada, who plays the title character.
The film will open in Japan on June 21.
Kan Eguchi is directing the film and Yūsuke Watanabe is writing the script.
The cast includes:
(Top row in image above, left to right)
- Junichi Okada as Fable
- Funimo Kimura as Yōko, Fable's optimistic and heavy-drinking partner
- Mizuki Yamamoto as Misaki, the first ordinary woman Fable meets in Osaka
(Bottom row in image above, left to right)
- Kōichi Satō as the Boss who trained Fable to kill from a young age
- Sōta Fukushi as Hood, an assassin hired by Sunakawa to kill Fable
- Yūya Yagira as Kojima, Ebihara's close friend who is released from prison and chases Misaki
- Osamu Mukai as Ebihara's enemy Sunakawa
- Ken Yasuda as Fable's manager Ebihara
Jiro Sato will also star in the film.
In the manga, a fabled genius at killing resides somewhere hidden in Osaka. Taught since childhood to obey the orders of his boss, he is ordered to live in Osaka as a normal person for one year in order for the boss to lay low.
Minami launched the manga in Kodansha's Young Magazine in November 2014, and Kodansha published the 16th volume on December 6. The series won Best General Manga at the 41st annual Kodansha awards in 2017.