King of Prism: Shiny Seven Stars Anime's TV Version Premieres on April 8
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for the King of Prism: Shiny Seven Stars anime project revealed an updated main visual and the April 8 premiere for the television anime on Thursday. The television anime will premiere on TV Tokyo and TV Aichi on April 8 at 25:35 (effectively 1:35 a.m. on April 9). The series will also air on TV Osaka and BS-TV Tokyo.
The anime's official Twitter account also revealed guest cast members for the television anime's episodes 2 and 3.
The new cast members are (left to right in image above): (Note: name romanizations are not confirmed.)
(top row for episode 2)
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Yukinojō Tachibana (five years old)
- Kōichi Yamadera as Kikuemon Tachibana (Kikuya, Yukinojō's father)
- Aya Hisakawa as Yukariko Tachibana (Setsuko, Yukinojō's mother)
- Mugihito as Yukio (Yukinojō's grandfather)
(bottom row for episode 3)
- Mutsumi Tamura as Taiga Kōgami (child)
- Nozomi Yamamoto as Ao Kōgami (Taiga's older sister)
- Hidenori Takahashi as Hirotaka Kōgami (Taiga's father)
- Mariko Munakata as Saeka Kōgami (Taiga's mother)
The previously announced cast includes:
- Junta Terashima as Shin Ichijō
- Sōma Saitō as Yukinojō Tachibana
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Taiga Kōgami
- Taku Yashiro as Kakeru Jūōin
- Masashi Igarashi as Minato Takahashi
- Takuma Nagatsuka as Leo Saionji
- Yūma Uchida as Yū Suzuno
- Shouta Aoi as Louis Kisaragi
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Alexander Yamato
- Tomokazu Sugita as George Takadanobaba
- Tatsuyuki Kobayashi as Ace Ikebukuro
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Kōji Mihama
- Tomoaki Maeno as Hiro Hayami
- Toshiki Masuda as Kazuki Nishina
- Toshihiko Seki as Hijiri Himuro
- Showtaro Morikubo as Rei Kurokawa
- Daisuke Namikawa as Ryō Yamada
- Shinichiro Miki as Jin Norizuki
- Koutarou Hashimoto as Tsurugi Okachimachi
- Wataru Urata as Kokoro Gotanda
- Norihito Hase as Mondo Uguisudani
- Takuhiro Eda as Mitsuba Kanda
The project is both a theatrical anime and television anime series. The television anime will have 12 episodes, and the theatrical version will have four parts, each screening an edited version of three episodes of the television anime.
The four films will open "in succession" beginning on March 2. The second film will open on March 23, followed by the third film on April 13 and the fourth film on May 4. The titles of the four films are:
- I Prologue x Yukinojō x Taiga
- II Kakeru x George x Minato
- III Leo x Yū x Alex(ander)
- IV Louis x Shin x Unknown
The first film, a prologue, will feature the characters Yukinojō and Taiga; the second film will feature Kakeru, George, and Minato; the third film will feature Leo, Yū, and Alex; and the fourth film will feature Lou, Shin, and an unknown character.
The King of Prism: Prism Rush! LIVE smartphone game's new "Road to Shiny Seven Stars" story event is a prequel to the upcoming anime project. The event's story focuses on Shin Ichijō entering Kakyōin Academy in high school after Hiro Hayami wins the "Prism King Cup -Thunder Storm Session-."
Masakazu Hishida is returning from both KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm and King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO to direct the anime at Tatsunoko Pro, and Jou Aoba is returning to handle the series composition. PriPara's Shoji Hara is designing the characters, and Mai Matsuura is also returning from both films and is charge of the original character designs. Rei Ishizuka is returning from King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO to compose the music.
The first film in the franchise, KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm, opened in January 2016. The film earned more than 800 million yen (about US$7.8 million). The film screened at the Los Angeles Anime Film Festival (LA-AFF) event in September 2017.
The second film, King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO, opened in Japan in June 2017. The film earned more than 600 million yen (about US$5.28 million). The film screened at this year's LA-AFF, which was held from September 21-23 at Regal L.A. Live: A Barco Innovation Center.
King of Prism is a spinoff of the Pretty Rhythm franchise.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history