The Fable Live-Action Film Reveals More Cast
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official website for the live-action film adaptation of Katsuhisa Minami's The Fable manga on Thursday.
The newly announced cast includes:
- Ryō Kimura as Code, Hood's partner
- Kai Inowaki as Kuro, Ebihara's subordinate
- Ryōka Minami as Fable as a child
- Masao Yoshii as Kainuma, an employee at the company Fable works part time for in his normal life
- Toranosuke Katō as an employee at Sunakawa's corrupt business
- Zuimaru Awashima as Sunakawa's subordinate
- Ken Mitsuishi as Hamada, the president of a corrupt business
- Oka Moromoro as the manager of a teppan-yaki restaurant
- Seiji Rokkaku as a barkeeper
The staff also revealed silhouettes for Jackel Tomioka, a comedian Fable likes, and Yūki, a playboy type who is after Yōko. The staff have not yet announced the cast members for either character.
Previously announced cast members, also shown in the visual above, include:
- Junichi Okada as Fable
- Funimo Kimura as Yōko, Fable's optimistic and heavy-drinking partner
- Mizuki Yamamoto as Misaki, the first ordinary woman Fable meets in Osaka
- Kōichi Satō as the Boss who trained Fable to kill from a young age
- Sōta Fukushi as Hood, an assassin hired by Sunakawa to kill Fable
- Yūya Yagira as Kojima, Ebihara's close friend who is released from prison and chases Misaki
- Osamu Mukai as Ebihara's enemy Sunakawa
- Ken Yasuda as Fable's manager Ebihara
Jiro Sato will also star in the film.
The film will open in Japan on June 21.
Kan Eguchi is directing the film and Yūsuke Watanabe is writing the script.
In the manga, a fabled genius at killing resides somewhere hidden in Osaka. Taught since childhood to obey the orders of his boss, he is ordered to live in Osaka as a normal person for one year in order for the boss to lay low.
Minami launched the manga in Kodansha's Young Magazine in November 2014, and Kodansha published the 16th volume on December 6. The series won Best General Manga at the 41st annual Kodansha awards in 2017.