King of Prism: Shiny Seven Stars Anime Casts Megumi Ogata
posted on by Alex Mateo
The official Twitter account for the King of Prism: Shiny Seven Stars anime project revealed on Tuesday that the staff has cast Megumi Ogata as Victoria Yamato, Alex's mother, for both the theatrical anime and television anime series.
The staff also confirmed the following cast members:
From left to right:
- Yutaka Aoyama as Hirika Saionji (Leo's father)
- Naomi Shindoh as Non Saionji (Leo's mother)
- Yūki Wakai as Yurari Saionji (Leo's older sister and Kirari's twin)
- Azuki Shibuya as Kirari Saionji (Leo's older sister and Yurari's twin)
According to Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web, as of Tuesday, the project's first two anime films collectively have earned more than 200 million yen and have sold more than 130,000 tickets.
The cast includes:
First row, left to right:
- Yoshiki Murakami as Merina
- Urara Takano as Sen Jūōin (Kakeru's mother)
- Shigeru Chiba as Mantarō Jūōin (Kakeru's father)
- Yoko Soumi as Kyō Jūōin (Kakeru's grandmother)
- Junpei Morita as Managing Director Kodama
Middle row, left to right:
- Kenji Nomura as Livingstone
- Yō Taichi as Kazuo Jūōin (Kakeru age 6)
- Azusa Satou as Miyo Tsuyama
- Mabuki Andou as Umi Takahashi (Minato's mother)
- Mitsuaki Hoshino as Yō Takahashi (Minato's father)
Bottom row, left to right:
- Yoshino Nanjō as Tsubasa Takahashi (Minato's younger sister)
- Chihiro Ikki as Ushio Takahashi (Minato's younger brother)
- Coco Hayashi as Nagisa Takahashi (Minato's younger sister)
- Chafurin as Namisuke Igashima (grandfather)
- Yorie Terauchi as Funako Igashima (grandmother)
The project is both a theatrical anime and television anime series. The television anime will have 12 episodes, and the theatrical version will have four parts, each screening an edited version of three episodes of the television anime.
The first of the four films opened on March 2. The second film opened on March 23. The third film will open on April 13, followed by the fourth film on May 4. The television anime premiered on TV Tokyo and TV Aichi on April 8 at 25:35 (effectively 1:35 a.m. on April 9). The series also airs on TV Osaka and BS-TV Tokyo.
The first film, a prologue, features the characters Yukinojō and Taiga; the second film features Kakeru, George, and Minato; the third film will feature Leo, Yū, and Alex; and the fourth film will feature Lou, Shin, and an unknown character.
Masakazu Hishida is returning from both KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm and King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO to direct the anime at Tatsunoko Pro, and Jou Aoba is returning to handle the series composition. PriPara's Shoji Hara is designing the characters, and Mai Matsuura is also returning from both films and is charge of the original character designs. Rei Ishizuka is returning from King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO to compose the music.