Hello World Original Anime Film's 2nd Special Video Reveals More Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official Twitter account for Hello World, the original anime film by director Tomohiko Ito and Graphinica, began streaming the second special video for the film on Friday. The video reveals new cast members for the film.
The additional cast members include (Note: Character name romanizations are not official):
- Takehito Koyasu as Tsunehisa Senko
- Minako Kotobuki as Ii Shū
- Haruka Fukuhara as Misuzu Kadenokōji
- Rie Kugimiya as Karasu (Crow)
The film will open in Japan on September 20, and stars:
- Minami Hamabe as Ruri Ichigyō, Naomi's classmate and fellow library committee member
- Takumi Kitamura as Naomi Katagaki, the film's shy 16-year-old high school protagonist
- Tori Matsuzaka as Naomi Katagaki, but 10 years older, from the future
The "sci-fi love story" film is set in Kyoto in the year 2027, and will feature famous landmarks such as Fushimi Inari Taisha and Kamo Shrine. The film centers on Naomi Katagaki, a male high school student. One day, a person who calls himself Naomi 10 years from now appears in front of the young Naomi. Together, they must change the future and save a classmate, Ruri, whom the younger Naomi starts to date in three months.
Ito (Sword Art Online franchise, ERASED) is directing the film at Graphinica (Expelled from Paradise). Mado Nozaki (Bablyon novel series, KADO - The Right Answer) is writing the screenplay, and Yukiko Horiguchi (K-ON!, Lucky Star, Tamako Love Story) is designing the characters.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history