New Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters Anime Premieres on Thursday
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Tokyo MX announced on Monday that it will premiere a new 12-episode anime series based on the Sylvanian Families toy line on Thursday. The series will also premiere on Sun TV on Sunday. The series will feature new characters. The series of three-minute shorts is titled Sylvanian Families Mini Story Clover.
The returning cast includes:
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Chocolate Usagi-chan (rabbit)
- Sumire Uesaka as Shima Neko-chan
- Tokuyoshi Kawashima as Chocolate Usagi's father
- Nozomi Furuki as Kurumi ("walnut") Risu-kun (squirrel)
- Rei Shimoda as Kuma-kun (bear)
New cast members include:
- Asami Yano as Charcoal Neko-chan (cat)
- Ryoka Yuzuki as Chocolate Usagi-chan's older sister
- Takahiro Sakurai as Chocolate Usagi-chan's older brother
- Ayumi Tsunematsu as Narrator
The story takes place in a village called Sylvania, and centers on Chocolate Usagi-chan, Kurumi Risu-kun, and their friends and families.
Japanese company Epoch created the original toy line in 1985. The franchise inspired a 1987 American animated series, as well as 1998 British stop-motion animated series. The franchise also inspired a three-episode Japanese CG anime video series (with a different voice cast from the upcoming series) in 2007. In the United States, the franchise is also known as Calico Critters.
Source: MoCa News
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history