Nobuyuki Fukumoto's 'Ten' Manga Gets Live-Action Sequel Series
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
TV Tokyo revealed on Friday that the live-action series adaptation of Nobuyuki Fukumoto's Ten: Tenhō Dōri no Kaidanji manga is receiving a sequel that will premiere on TV Tokyo at the end of 2019. Goro Kishitani (seen below) reprises his role as protagonist Takashi Ten.
Other returning cast members include:
- Yūki Furukawa as Hiroyuki Igawa
- EISAKU Yoshida as Shigeru Akagi
- Yoji Tanaka as Ginji Asai
- Hidetoshi Hoshida as Ken Igarashi
- Denden as Mitsui Soga
- Kouji Matoba as Katsumi Harada
- Ryosei Tayama as Shūzō Kanamitsu
The manga begins when Hiroyuki Igawa, a mahjong player who makes money by betting against amateurs, meets Takashi Ten, an opponent with a lot of skill and strength of will. The manga serialized from 1989 to 2002 in Takeshobo's Kindai Mahjong magazine.
The first live-action series premiered in October 2018.
Source: Comic Natalie