Kemono Friends Producer Leads Crowdfunding for Chinese/Japanese Animation Project
posted on by Alex Mateo
Computer graphics magazine CG World reported on Thursday that Yoshitada Fukuhara (Kemono Friends, Kemurikusa) is leading crowdfunding for the "Mokuri Project," a virtual-reality and 3DCG animation project about the cat-like character Mokuri. GUNCY's CG producer and technical director Tetsuya Nozawa, Chinese 3DCG producer Root Studio's Akihito Tsukushi (Made in Abyss), and virtual reality corporation HIKKY's art director Mika Sawae are collaborating on the project. A website for the project opened on Thursday and revealed that the crowdfunding campaign will begin on November 7 at 11:00 a.m. JST and run until January 30 at 6:00 p.m. JST.
Mokuri is a creature who has lived for a long time and likes to craft. The Mokuri Project is seeking first supporters, or "pioneers," to participate in the project to build up the "Mokuri World." First supporters will be able to learn about the project's latest information by reading production journals and attending online conferences. The project will also accept fan works related to Mokuri.
The project's staff includes:
- Planning/Production: Mika Sawae
- Character Creator: Akihito Tsukushi
- General Producer: Yoshitada Fukuhara
- Executive Producer: Yasushi Funakoshi
- CG Producer/Technical Director: Tetsuya Nozawa
- Marketing: Ryuiichi Kida/Kurogin
- Producer: Kenichi Midorikawa
- Key Visual: Yūri
- Concept Art: Usagi Shirakaba
- Illustration: tabe/Keburi/DAI-XT
- Video: Yūsuke Niitsu
- 3D Animation: Yū Hirada
- Modeling Collaboration: studio guffaw
- Public Relations: Nanako Suzuki
Tsukushi, the original creator of the Made in Abyss anime series, designed the character Mokuri in 2018 to appear in a whole new kind of world.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history