RetroCrush Adds Ronin Warriors, Hanasakeru Seishounen, More City Hunter Anime, More
posted on by Adriana Hazra
Digital Rights Media announced on Wednesday the new titles and release dates for the anime titles that will stream on its RetroCrush streaming service in March.
The titles will launch on consecutive Fridays in March:
- Ronin Warriors: Gaiden - March 5
- Ronin Warriors: Legend of the Inferno Armor - March 5
- Ronin Warriors: Message - March 5
- Hanasakeru Seishounen - March 5
- City Hunter: .357 Magnum - March 12
- City Hunter: Bay City Wars - March 12
- City Hunter: Million Dollar Conspiracy - March 12
- City Hunter: Goodbye My Sweetheart - March 12
- City Hunter: The Secret Service - March 12
- City Hunter: Death of the Vicious Criminal Ryo Saeba - March 12
- City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes - March 12
- Astroganger - March 19
- Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics - March 19
- All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku - March 26
- Psycho Armor Govarian - March 26
City Hunter: Death of the Vicious Criminal Ryo Saeba, Astroganger, Psycho Armor Govarian, and Hanasakeru Seishounen will be available with English subtitles. The rest of the City Hunter titles and All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku will include an English dub as well. The Ronin Warriors titles and Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics will only be available in an English dub.
The company also announced that Pluto TV will add a RetroCrush programming block to its 'Anime All Day' channel on March 4. The channel will have 8-hour RetroCrush blocks on Thursdays and Saturdays.
RetroCrush is a free, ad-supported video-on-demand service available in the United States and Canada. The service has apps on iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, and smart TVs, in addition to being available on browsers. The service launched in March 2020 with 12 titles, and has since added over 50 more titles to the service. A free ad-supported television (FAST) version of RetroCrush launched through the STIRR streaming service in July 2020.
Digital Media Rights stated to ANN that its goal with the streaming service is to "serve as a community built for the consumption and discussion of the Golden Age of Japanese animation, (and some not so retro), from the perspectives of pop culture, fandom, art, internet memes & more."
The service plans to include a library of content that "hasn't had proper streaming releases outside of Japan."
RetroCrush's streaming partners include Discotek Media, TMS, NHK, Studio Pierrot, AMG, and Happinet, among others.
Pluto TV launched a channel dedicated to the Naruto anime in November 2019 on the 20th anniversary of the franchise.
Update: RetroCrush confirmed with ANN that Hanasakeru Seishonen will only be available with English subtitles.
Source: Email correspondence
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history