Cestvs: The Roman Fighter TV Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews Ending Theme
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for Cestvs: The Roman Fighter, the television anime of Shizuya Wazarai's Kentō Ankoku Den Cestvs and Kendo Shitō Den Cestvs manga, began streaming the show's second promotional video on Friday. The video previews singer-songwriter Sarasa Kadowaki's ending theme song "Kirei da" (You're Beautiful).
The original manga takes place at the height of the Roman Empire, and follows Cestus, a boy who is enslaved and placed in a training school for boxers to fight in the Colosseum.
Hiromu Mineta is starring in the anime as Cestus, in his first starring role in an anime. The other cast members are:
- Rikiya Koyama as Zafar, Cestus's trainer
- Kensho Ono as Lusca, a member of the unarmed fighting guards
- Hiroki Touchi as Demitrius, Ruska's father and the head of the unarmed fighting guards
- Yūto Uemura as Nero, the fifth Roman Emperor
- Kikuko Inoue as Agrippina, the mother of the Roman Empire's fifth emperor Nero
- Aya Endo as Sabina, a beautiful daughter of a wealthy family from Pompeii
- Ryota Takeuchi as Emden, Pompeii's greatest fighter
- Sanae Kobayashi as Roxanne of the unarmed fighting guards
- Akio Ohtsuka as Narrator
Toshifumi Kawase (Tenjho Tenge, Matchless Raijin-Oh) is the chief director of the anime. Bandai Namco Pictures is producing the series. Professional boxer Yoshihiro Kamegai is advising the staff for boxing scenes in the anime. Masahiro Tokuda, Akihiro Manabe, and Yoshiyasu Ueda are composing the music. LOGIC&MAGIC is producing the CG. The group Dragon Ash are performing the opening theme song "Endeavor."
Kentō Ankoku Den Cestvs ran in Young Animal from 1997 to 2009 and had 15 volumes. Kendo Shitō Den Cestvs launched in Young Animal in 2010, and then moved to Young Animal Arashi in 2014. The manga then moved again to the Manga Park app in 2018. The manga will again move to Hakusensha's Young Animal Zero magazine. Hakusensha published the ninth volume on June 28.