Life Lessons with Uramichi-Oniisan Anime Highlights Titular Character in New Video
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for the television anime of Gaku Kuze's Life Lessons with Uramichi-Oniisan (Uramichi Oniisan) manga began streaming a character promotional video on Wednesday that highlights the titular character Uramichi Omota.
The anime stars:
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Uramichi Omota
- Tomokazu Sugita as Uramichi's subordinate Tobikichi Usahara
- Yūichi Nakamura as Uramichi's subordinate Mitsuo Kumagai
- Mamoru Miyano as singer Iketeru Daga
- Nana Mizuki as singer Utano Tadano
- Ryohei Kimura as Hanbee Kikaku
- Kenichi Suzumura as Saito Uebu
- Daisuke Ono as Matahiko Nekota
- Shinichiro Miki as Yusao Furode
- Kenyuu Horiuchi as Tekito Derekida
- Natsuki Hanae as Eddy Edei
- Minami Takahashi as Kayo Ennoshita
- Rina Satou as Ikuko Heame
- Kazuya Nakai as Furitsuke Capellini
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Amon
- Yōko Hikasa as Mabui Daga
- Sayuri Sadaoka as Sayuri
- Houchu Ohtsuka as The Voice of God
The manga series centers on a 31-year-old man named Uramichi Omota who has two sides to his personality. He appears as the young man in charge of physical exercises on the educational program "Maman to Together." Although he has a fresh and upbeat demeanor on the show, he is actually a bit emotionally unstable. The manga reveals the less-than-sunny parts of life for young adults.
Nobuyoshi Nagayama (Smile Down the Runway, Are You Lost?, Happy Sugar Life) is directing the anime at Studio Blanc (My Girlfriend is Shobitch). Touko Machida (Lucky Star, Smile Down the Runway, Wake Up, Girls!) is overseeing the series scripts, Mizuki Takahashi (The Ones Within) and Yusuke Shibata are designing the characters, Kisuke Koizumi (Dororo, Juni Taisen: Zodiac War) is the sound director, and Kei Haneoka (Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life, Negima!) is composing the music. Kuze is credited with supervising the anime.
Mamoru Miyano and Nana Mizuki perform the opening theme song "ABC Taisō" (ABC Exercise) as their respective characters. Mamoru Miyano performs the ending theme song "Dream On."
The manga debuted in 2017 in Ichijinsha and pixiv's digital manga magazine Comic POOL. The manga previously won in the Web Manga category of Niconico's third Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Awards, took second place in 2018's pixiv and Nippon Shuppan Hanbai, Inc's "Web Manga General Election," topped the same competition's "Indies" category in 2017, and also made the top 20 of Kono Manga ga Sugoi's ranking for female readers 2018 list.
Sources: Life Lessons of Uramichi-Oniisan anime's website
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history