Ryman's Club Anime's Video Reveals Opening Song, More Cast, January 22 Debut
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for TV Asahi and LIDEN FILMS' original badminton sports anime Ryman's Club unveiled a new visual and first full promotional video for the anime on Thursday. The video reveals and previews the anime's opening theme song "The Warrior" by Novelbright, and also unveils more cast and the January 22 premiere date for the anime.
The newly annouced cast members for Mitsuhoshi Bank (a rival team to Sunlight Beverage) include (from left to right in image above):
The anime will premiere within the NUMAnimation anime programming block on TV Asahi, CS TV Asahi Channel 1, and 24 affiliates on January 22, and on BS Asahi on January 28.
The anime focuses on badminton players on a corporate team, with characters who work at a day job in a company and also play badminton. The story centers on Mikoto Shiratori, a childhood prodigy at badminton, but who never recovered from a major loss during a high school competition. Now, he works in the sales department of the Sunlight Beverage company, playing badminton on the side.
The cast includes (from left to right in image above):
- Junya Enoki as Mikoto Shiratori
- Shinichiro Miki as Tatsuru Miyazumi
- Kaito Ishikawa as Sōta Saeki
- Ryota Ohsaka as Tōya Saeki
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Kōki Takeda
Aimi Yamauchi (City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes unit director, Killing Bites episode director) is directing the anime at LIDEN FILMS, which previously animated the badminton anime Hanebad!. Yamauchi is also in charge of series composition alongside Teruko Utsumi (Sarazanmai). Suzuhito Yasuda (Durarara!!, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? light novels) drew the original character designs, and Majiro (Barakamon, Macross Delta, 22/7) is drawing those character designs for animation. The group fox capture plan is composing the music.
Other staff members include:
- Art Setting: Masahiro Satō (H.E.D. Works)
- Art Director: Masatoshi Kai
- Art Backgrounds: Studio KAIMU
- Color Setting: Emiko Onodera
- 2D Works: Gaku Watanabe, Shun Nakajima, Asahi Production Design Department
- 3D Works: FelixFilm
- Director of Photography: Naho Hasegawa
- Photography: Asahi Production
- Editing: Mai Hasegawa (EditZ)
- Audio Director: Satoshi Motoyama
- Audio Production: Glovision
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history