BookWalker Global to Remove Series from Sol Press/Panty Press on February 21
posted on by Alex Mateo
Kadokawa's BookWalker Global online manga and light novel service is listing that it will end downloads of the following series from Sol Press and Panty Press on February 21 at 11:59 p.m. PST (February 22 at 2:59 a.m. EST):
- Chivalry of a Failed Knight
- Harem Royale - When the Game Ends
- I Surrendered My Sword for a New Life as a Mage
- Is the order a rabbit?
- Let This Grieving Soul Retire! Woe is the Weakling Who Leads the Strongest Party
- Redefining the META at VRMMO Academy
- Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement manga and light novels
- The Game Master has Logged In to Another World
- The Ride-On King
- Why Shouldn't a Detestable Demon Lord Fall in Love?!
- Busy Wizard: This Warlock Just Wants to Provide for his Wives!
Customers who own the titles will still be able to read the books after they are removed from the service.
ANN reached out to BookWalker for comment, and the company confirmed the removal of books from Sol Press and Panty Press. The company did not provide ANN with a full list of books it will remove, but did state to ANN: "These takedowns are taking place as requested by the original Japanese publishers. Users should rest assured that this in no way affects other books in our store." The company added it cannot comment any further due to contract confidentiality clauses.
The California Secretary of State's website lists Sol Press as FTB Forfeited, which means the business was suspended or forfeited by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to meet tax requirements.
Sol Press formed in February 2017 as a light novel, manga, and visual novel publisher. BookWalker Global added series from Sol Press to the service in May 2019.
Sol Press had announced in October 2018 plans to launch a new light novel, manga, and visual novel digital distribution platform titled Project Hyourin.
Sol Press released the Newton and the Apple Tree visual novel on PC via Steam in August 2018, but the game has since been delisted.
Sources: Email correspondence, BookWalker via @DistantValhalla
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history