Live-Action 'Violence Action' Film's Clip Shows Assassin Kei Meeting Yakuza Terano
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the live-action film adaptation of author Shin Sawada and artist Renji Asai's The Violence Action manga began streaming a clip from the film on Wednesday. The clip shows the assassin Kei meeting yakuza member Terano, who pays for Kei's bus fare. Kei later tries to pay back Terano during the ride, but finds that she has no change, and promises to pay back Terano when they next meet. In the back of the bus, Kei's schoolmate Watanabe looks upon them with envy.
Kanna Hashimoto (left in image below) plays protagonist Kei Kikuno.
The main cast includes (from left to right, top to bottom in image below):
- Fumika Baba as Shopkeeper
- Yosuke Sugino as Terano
- Kanna Hashimoto as Kei Kikuno
- Ōji Suzuka as Watanabe
- Win Morisaki as Kaneko
- Takashi Okamura as Zura-san
- Yu Shirota as Michitaka-kun
- TYūri Ōta as Daria
- TShunsuke Daito as Ayabe
- Jiro Sato as Sandaime (third generation leader)
- Katsunori Takahashi as Kinoshita
Other cast members include (from left to right in image above):
- Comedian Cookie! as a large man who goes wild inside a ramen shop
- Kenta Izuka as Kura, Terano's partner
- Yumena Yanai as Rikka, Kei's classmate
- Comedian Daiki Hyōdō as Kunitsu, a man gunning for the top seat of the Tenmagumi
The film will open on August 19.
The manga's story centers on Kei Kikuno, an assassin who seems to be an easygoing and cute girl next door but is actually a top hitgirl. Kei skillfully handles jobs with her gun expertise and physical prowess.
The series launched on Shogakukan's online magazine Yawaraka Spirits in April 2016. The manga went on hiatus from March 2018 to June 2019 due to a creator's poor health. The series ranked on the top 20 list of manga for male readers in the 2018 edition of Takarajimasha's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (This Manga Is Amazing!) guidebook.