Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away & The Cat Returns on Blu-ray 6/16
Available for the First Time on Blu-ray™
on Blu-ray Combo Pack June 16, 2015
- Synopsis: From Hayao Miyazaki, one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animated cinema, comes the Oscar®-winning triumph (2002, Best Animated Feature Film), filled with astonishing beauty and epic adventure, a dazzling masterpiece for the ages. “Spirited Away” is a wondrous fantasy about a young girl, Chihiro, trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call on the courage she never knew she had to free herself and return her family to the outside world. An unforgettable story, brimming with creativity, “Spirited Away” will take you on a journey beyond your imagination. It's a fantastic tale the whole family will want to experience over and over again on Disney Blu-ray!
- English Voice Cast: Daveigh Chase (Chihiro), Suzanne Pleshette (Yubaba/Zeniba), Jason Marsden (Haku), Susan Egan (Lin), David Ogden Stiers (Kamaji), Lauren Holly (Chihiro's Mother), Michael Chiklis (Chihiro's Father), John Ratzenberger (Assistant Manager), Tara Strong (“Baby”)& Bob Bergen (Aogaeru).
- Writer/ Director: Hayao Miyazaki
- Producers: English Version: Donald W. Ernst & John Lasseter, Japanese Version: Toshio Suzuki
- Rating: English Version: PG for some scary moment (US & Canada)
- Feature Run Time: 125 minutes
- Bonus Content: Introduction by John Lasseter The Art of Spirited Away Behind The Microphone Original Japanese Storyboards Nippon Television Special Original Japanese Trailers TV Spots
- Synopsis: From the Studio that brought you “Spirited Away,” comes the visually stunning “The Cat Returns.” Haru, a schoolgirl bored by her ordinary routine, saves the life of an unusual cat, and suddenly her world is transformed beyond anything she ever imagined. To change her fate, she'll need to learn to believe in herself and, in the process, she will learn to appreciate her everyday life. For the first time ever on Disney Blu-ray comes “The Cat Returns,” a magical animated adventure that will delight and inspire everyone.
- English Voice Cast: Anne Hathaway (Haru), Cary Elwes (The Baron), Peter Boyle (Muta), Elliott Gould (Toto), Andy Richter (Natoru), Rene Auberjonois (Natori), Tim Curry (Cat King), Judy Greer (Yuki), Andrew Bevis (Prince Lune), Kristen Bell (Hiromi), Kristine Sutherland (Haru's Mother) and Katia Coe (Little Haru).
- Director: Hiroyuki Morita
- Writers: Original Graphic Novel by Aoi Hiiragi; Original Japanese Screenplay by Reiko Yohsida; Cindy Davis Hewitt (English version), Donald H. Hewitt (English version)
- Producers: Ned Lott (English Version), Toshio Suzuki, Nozomu Takahashi
- Rating: English: G for minor scary imagery and cartoon violence (US & Canada)
- Feature Run Time: 75 minutes
- Bonus Content: Original Japanese Storyboards Original Japanese Trailers TV Spots The Making of The Cat Returns Behind The Microphone
- Release Date: June 16, 2015
- Aspect Ratios: Spirited Away: 1.85:1 The Cat Returns: 1.85:1
- Audio: Spirited Away: 5.1 DTS - HDMA The Cat Returns: 5.1 DTS - HDMA
- Languages: English, Japanese, French
- Subtitles: [English, French]
THE CAT RETURNS:
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!
© 2015 Disney
Spirited Away (© 2001 NIBARIKI · GNDDTM)
The Cat Returns (© 2002 Nekonote-Do • GNDHMT)