Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition Now Available on PS4
Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition
RELEASE DATE: July 28, 2015
PLAYERS: 1-2 online 1-4 local versus
OFFICIAL SITE: abyssodyssey.com
Imagine this scenario: You're a turn-of-the-20th century (that would be 1900 for the chronologically challenged) Chilean infantryman standing guard outside a giant pit full of unimaginable terrors, the bottom of which is inhabited by a warlock so powerful, the aforementioned terrors are his nightmares come to life. And then, in a flash, a red-headed swordswoman, a fireball-throwing being whose corporeal form consists of just a monk's robe filled with ghost spirits, and an ethereal being with a polearm jump into a pit to fight the warlock and his abominations.
Sound familiar? It should, since it's the setup to Abyss Odyssey, the 2-D action platformer with a complex fighting game combat system, which released last year. But today marks the release of the Extended Dream Edition for PlayStation 4, which in addition to enhanced 1080p graphics, now contains the duel mode with 2-player online multiplayer or 4-player local multiplayer, all the Warlock reveal updates, and enhanced movesets to further the combo abilities for players.
We have a special launch promotion discount running for Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition (as well as the original PS3 version of Abyss Odyssey) where players wanting to challenge the Warlock can pick up the digital-download only title at a 40% discount for PlayStation Plus subscribers!
European version should be launching this week as well, at the same 40% discount for PS+ subscribers!
This version is 100% standalone and exclusive to the PS4. It does not need a previously purchased copy of Abyss Odyssey to run.
IRVINE, Calif. -- July 28, 2015 -- It's time to put an end to the Warlock's reign. Now, PlayStation®4 owners can take on the evil Warlock as Katrien, Ghost Monk, or Pincoya in Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition, now available as a digital download title on PlayStation Network. Plus, for a limited one week promotional period, Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition will be on sale at a 40% discount.
Abyss Odyssey, the side-scrolling action adventure with fighting game mechanics received a 1080p upgrade with the transition to PS4, along with all the recent PC updates, including the versus mode with two-player online multiplayer and four-player local multiplayer, Warlock reveals, expanded enemy move sets with brand new unique moves, combat balances, and various other gameplay additions.
In Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition, the side-scrolling levels never play out the same way twice - be it the monsters they are filled with, the locations of life-saving merchants, or the pathways between levels. There are only two constants in Abyss Odyssey: a great evil awaits at the bottom of the pit, and succeed or die, the nightmare will continue. But the enemies in the abyss are no mere fodder - each one has a complex set of moves. They also have a weakness: almost every enemy can be possessed and controlled by the player....
Players who brave the dangers in Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition will encounter:
Developed by ACE Team and published by ATLUS, Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition will be available as a download-only title for the PS4 and is rated T by the ESRB.
- Technically Deep - Since combat is the core of the game, ACE Team specifically focused on implementing fighting game mechanics into the action. Dodge-cancels and other demanding techniques will unlock the warriors' true powers in combat.
- A New Nightmare - Abyss Odyssey veterans can double-down on the challenge with the Nightmare difficulty level, where enemies move quicker, hit harder, and well...if you aren't confident in your combos, you should get used to seeing the void room.
- New Enemies - A familiar face returns - Golem from Zeno Clash makes an appearance as a new mini-boss! Also brand new to consoles are the Tirana mini-boss, the White Phantom, and the Warlock Titan - a unique final boss who you might encounter fighting alongside one the original Warlock's many forms.
- The Infinite Abyss - Procedurally generated levels will keep the three warriors battling for eternity.
- Meta Odyssey - At the bottom of the abyss is the Warlock. Once the community collectively beats a boss a certain number of times, the boss changes. The Extended Dream Edition has all the recent PC updates to the Warlock, but a whole new community to try and unlock each mask!
- Know Thy Enemy - Possess almost any enemy in the game to use its skills and combat abilities...each foe is as technically complex as the main warriors.
- ACE Developed - From the independent team behind some of the most boldly creative, aesthetic titles: the Zeno Clash Series and Rock of Ages.
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon's Souls™, Atlus is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences. www.Atlus.com
© 2015 ACE Team. Produced by ATLUS. Licensed to and published by Atlus U.S.A., Inc.