The City of Toronto to Host First North American Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series of the New Dueling Season
Top Three Finishers will Receive New Exclusive Prize Card – Number 93: Utopia Kaiser
Weekend's Events Include Dragon Duel Tournament for Younger Players
El Segundo, Calif. (August 22, 2016) – It's Time to Duel! Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) launches the new North American Dueling season for its premier level Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (YCS) in Toronto, Ontario August 27 – 28. This ultra-competitive weekend-long tournament gives hundreds of Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) Duelists across Canada and the United States their first chance of the season to show off their Deck-building skills and strategies and to compete with their peers. The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG is a card game involving strategy and skill made famous by the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga and animated TV series.
In addition to the intense back-and-forth of competitive Dueling provided at a YCS event, a brand-new exclusive YCS prize card for the weekend's top finishers will make its debut – Number 93: Utopia Kaiser. Different from the regular cards found in booster packs and other Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG products, Number 93: Utopia Kaiser can only be obtained by finishing in the Top Three spots at a Main Event of a YCS, or by winning a special Public Events playoff tournament. This makes Number 93: Utopia Kaiser highly coveted by the throngs of Duelists around the world that will participate in the high-level competitive YCS events during the course of the season.
Additionally, the top-ranked Duelists will win a brand-new YCS Top Cut Game Mat for this event.
Pre-registration for YCS Toronto will run from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday, August 26 and registration will continue promptly at 8 a.m. on Saturday, August 27. Round One will start at 10 a.m. Upon registering, Duelists will receive five of the recently released The Dark Illusion booster packs for participating in KONAMI's YCS Toronto. Players will use their constructed Decks all the way to the final match. The top-ranked YCS finishers will earn invitations to participate in their 2017 World Championship Qualifier. Duelists can find the answers to many of their questions here: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/events/2016/YCS_Toronto.html.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Exhibit Hall G – South Building
222 Bremner Blvd.
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3L9
Accompanying the Main Event, KONAMI will also be conducting Dragon Duels (for Duelists born in 2004 or later). The Dragon Duel tournaments on both Saturday and Sunday will be sealed using Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, where each Duelist is given ten sealed Battle Packs to make a new Deck. The top four finishers in the Dragon Duel events will receive a Dragon Duel Medal, a Regional Deck Box, a Dragon Duel T-shirt, and a 2017 Regional Game Mat. Top-ranked finishers will also earn an invitation to their 2017 Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier.
The two victors from the Saturday and Sunday tournaments will face off in a best 2-out-of-3 match using their own pre-constructed Decks in the Advanced Constructed format, to determine the weekend's overall winner and a chance at the ultimate prize: to hoist the Dragon Duel Champion's trophy and the coveted title of YCS Toronto Dragon Duel Champion! In addition, the Dragon Duel Champion will also receive a Super Rare set of the Darklord YCS prize cards. Entry to the Dragon Duel tournaments is free to qualified players.
Additionally, a full range of Public Events such as 2017 Regional Qualifiers, Ultimate Duelist Series Qualifiers, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mat, Sealed Starter Deck and Structure Deck, Duelist League, Yu-Gi-Oh! Day, School Tournament Series, and Generation Duel Tournaments will be held through the weekend.
Prizing Information for YCS Toronto:
· 1st place – Ultra Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 93: Utopia Kaiser; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Trophy; Paid travel and accommodations to the winner's 2017 World Championship Qualifier; Invite to and VIP Status at the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation©4 system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 20 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
· 2nd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 93: Utopia Kaiser; PlayStation©4 system; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
· 3rd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 93: Utopia Kaiser; Xbox One console; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
· 4th place – Xbox One console; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
· 5th–8th place – Nintendo 3DS XL Console; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
· 9th– 6th place – 24 booster packs of the current booster release; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
· 17th–32nd place – Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
For those unable to attend YCS Toronto, Duelists can follow round-by-round online coverage of the event at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.
Duelists can watch a new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V every Sunday on Nicktoons - check local listings for times. In addition, all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal episodes every Tuesday as well as all of classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's can be seen on www.yugioh.com in the United States. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V every Friday and Saturday on Teletoon!
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiaries, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. in Windsor, the United Kingdom. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.