Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Job Actions Trailer Debuts Alongside Gameplay Updates and More
SQUARE ENIX® today debuted a new trailer showcasing new and updated job actions, as well as fresh information for the highly anticipated fourth expansion pack, FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Endwalker™, scheduled for release on 23rd November, 2021.
During the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida detailed various adjustments planned for each job at the release of Endwalker, new information on general battle-related adjustments, as well as an introduction to the all-new sage and reaper jobs.
You can view the trailer here: https://youtu.be/WCVcgZ8dtD0
A recording of the bilingual broadcast is available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSGdMv72ghI
The Endwalker Job Actions Trailer is now Live
Further details revealed for Endwalker during the livestream include:
- Job Adjustments – Building upon changes implemented in Shadowbringers, Endwalker will bring new gameplay experiences for Disciples of War and Magic jobs. Updates include significant changes to Summoner job mechanics, the addition of single target buffs for all healer jobs, timing-based effects added to some tank defensive cooldowns, and much more.
- Duty Reward Adjustments – Trials on both Normal and Extreme difficulties, which provide weapons as a reward, will now drop a weapon coffer alongside one of the available weapon rewards, allowing players to more easily obtain weapons of their choosing.
- System-related Updates – Various quality of life updates such as enhanced HUD customization, improved ground targeting functionality, and UI updates will be added.
- Adjustments to HQ Items – To help reduce overall inventory bloat and preventing unintended procurement of HQ items, certain items such as gathered items, enemy drops, and token exchange materials will no longer be available as high-quality items—gatherer actions, quests, and achievements related to HQ items will undergo adjustments accordingly. Crafted items and equipment will remain available as both normal- and high-quality.
- Post-Release Patch Update – Due to the urgent need to address server congestion, the Data Center Travel system is scheduled for implementation after Patch 6.0.
Artwork by Yusuke Mogi for the New Sage and Reaper Jobs was also Revealed
Players can also look forward to upcoming in-game content and new Endwalker information in the months leading up to launch on 23rd November, 2021:
- FINAL FANTASY XV Collaboration Event – From now until 18th October, Noctis Lucis Caelum returns to the world of Hydaelyn. Players who have reached level 50 and completed the main scenario quest “The Ultimate Weapon” can participate to earn numerous rewards, including Noctis' hairstyle and outfit, the four-player Regalia Type-G mount and more. Players who had previously completed this quest can use the new Seasonal Event Replay feature to experience it once again and adventure alongside Noctis.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV x DRAGON QUEST X Collaboration Event – The wonderful world of DRAGON QUEST® X returns to Eorzea from 19th October until 11th November with the “Breaking Brick Mountains” collaboration event. Players can take part in this limited-time event, battling powerful and pernicious golems to earn DRAGON QUEST-themed rewards.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Letter from the Producer LIVE #67 – Join FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida on 5th November, 2021 as he reveals more of what is to come in Endwalker, including details on new PvP content, additional crafter and gatherer updates, gameplay changes, and more. The broadcast will air on the official FINAL FANTASY XIV Twitch Channel.
With more than 22 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward™ expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information is available here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker, visit the official site here: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/.
Endwalker Teaser Site: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/
SQUARE ENIX® Press Site: https://www.Square Enix-press.com/
The Lodestone®: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook®: https://www.Facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN
Official Instagram®: @ffxiv
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 163 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 84 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 - 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: ENDWALKER © 2021 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: ©2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
ENDWALKER, SHADOWBRINGERS, the FINAL FANTASY XIV logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. “PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS4" and “PS5” are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
discuss this in the forum |