The Set List
Top 10 OPs of 2004
by Jacob Chapman,
George Bush Jr. was re-elected, World of Warcraft was launched, but most importantly, a little show called Beet the Vandel Buster stole the hearts of otaku everywhere. The year was 2004, and I'm sure I remember it perfectly. Wait, maybe Beet wasn't the big anime hit of that year. What was it again...? Oh right, Gundam Seed Destiny. Of course.
All joking aside, 2004 was a great year for anime, and now that it's officially one decade in the past, it's time to revisit the best opening themes of yesteryear in the video countdown below! "But wait," you may be thinking, "wasn't 2005 really the ten-years-past milestone?" Well, barely. Not all of 2005 happened exactly 10 years ago, but all of 2004 definitely did, so that means everything on this countdown is absolutely 10 or more years old. You can feel your fandom sprouting gray hairs as you watch!
Once again, only shows that debuted in 2004 qualified for the list, and the same is true of this week's poll, so keep that in mind while voting. So with no further ado, let the music play!
Last Week's Poll Results
What were your favorite theme songs from Bleach?
- OP 1: "*~Asterisk" by Orange Range (eps 1-25) 47.2%
- OP 2: "D-tecnolife" by UVERworld (eps 26-51) 46.4%
- OP 5: "Rolling star" by YUI (eps 98-120) 38.4%
- OP 13: "Ranbu no Melody" by SID (eps 292-316) 36.7%
- OP 9: "Velonica" by Aqua Timez (eps 190-214) 33.6%
- OP 12: "chAngE" by miwa (eps 266-291) 32.6%
- OP 3: "Ichirin no Hana" by High and Mighty Color (eps 52-74) 32.3%
- OP 6: "ALONES" by Aqua Timez (eps 121-143) 29.8%
- ED 1: "Life is Like a Boat" by Rie Fu (eps 1-13) 27.3%
- OP 7: "After Dark" by Asian Kung-Fu Generation (eps 144-167) 26.1%
This Week's Set List Poll
Didn't see your favorite song on the list? Cast your own vote in the poll below!
Pick as many or as few faves as you like, and in two weeks we'll have the results and a new poll ready to go. See you next time for the EDs of 2004!
discuss this in the forum (61 posts) |
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history