• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Revengers TV Anime Gets Sequel, Fairy Tale Mini Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:48 am Reply with quote
Surprise TR is getting a sequel considering how badly Disney killed the hype for the show, then again I have heard how popular the manga is in Japan.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:57 am Reply with quote
Despite the fact that the last two seasons didn't replicate the success of the first one, I figured they'd still finish the anime, since what's left of the manga can be easily covered in 24 episodes or so.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Matros

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:02 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Surprise TR is getting a sequel considering how badly Disney killed the hype for the show, then again I have heard how popular the manga is in Japan.

Considering the poor animation & writing quality you could argue the show itself killed the hype, not some streaming platform.
Velluekk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:21 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to them finishing the adaptation because Windbreaker doesn't really appeal to me.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sunday's event teased the anime's fifth anniversary project next year. The first initoative

It looks like something was cut off.

At this point, it makes sense that they’d finish the adaptation. The show definitely hasn’t been as good as the first season but it’s far from the worst anime of the season.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:38 am Reply with quote
Great news! Hope that it will also have 24-26 episodes as the first season has!
Glordit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:45 am Reply with quote
Was expecting a continuation after how the previous season ended the way it did.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:55 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Disney+ barely had anything with it, you just can't have the actual hype for what is mediocre at the very best at all levels to begin with - and the anime adaptation was literally that since Christmas Showdown.
el_morris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:26 am Reply with quote
Can't believe this thing still exists.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:49 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:

Disney doesn't rely on anything, manga sales is the criteria, TR is very popular in Japan, that is why. It will be fully adapted into anime.
Essedess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:54 am Reply with quote
I guess they might as well finish it, not that there's any worth IN doing so. The series fell off a cliff, hit every single rock on the way down, fell in a river and was dropped from a waterfall directly into the mouth of a hungry sea serpent. Doesn't really matter though, Wind Breaker is a far superior show. Sadly, it's not yaoi-bait enough to get the same popularity.
MakiharaMeiko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:14 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this <3

I know people don't like TR from this point to the end, but I love it. Except for the final chapters, I love the rest of it. I expect the anime to fill what the manga didn't. That'll be more than enough for me.

spoiler[And having Senju animated... HECK YEAH! ]
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Essedess wrote:
I guess they might as well finish it, not that there's any worth IN doing so. The series fell off a cliff, hit every single rock on the way down, fell in a river and was dropped from a waterfall directly into the mouth of a hungry sea serpent. Doesn't really matter though, Wind Breaker is a far superior show. Sadly, it's not yaoi-bait enough to get the same popularity.

No, Wind Breaker is HORRIBLE in every aspect, it is dull, silly and absurd to watch. I dropped it after the first episode.
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:41 pm Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
Essedess wrote:

No, Wind Breaker is HORRIBLE in every aspect, it is dull, silly and absurd to watch. I dropped it after the first episode.

you didn't like Tachibana ?
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Todd_Harry08 wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:
Essedess wrote:

you didn't like Tachibana ?

No, I like TR.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2