• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Just checked the mail and found my Sayaka Figma waiting for me. The packaging seemed a little underdone, but a casual inspection didn't find any broken pieces.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I have been on a figure ordering spree lately. For the longest time, I having been looking for IS: Infinite Stratos - Charlotte Dunois - 1/8 - Jersey ver. (Alter). Through MFC, I found out that Otaku-Planète. was still taking pre-orders for her. Without hesitation, I pre-ordered.

At the same time, I also added Senjou no Varukyuria: Gallian Chronicles - Selvaria Bles - 1/7 - Swimsuit ver. (Alter), to my order.

The shipping cost is a bit high at EUR 34.90 = ~ USD $43.63. However, it is a flat shipping rate regardless of how many items are ordered. Being the patient person, I requested that they ship both items together.

Senjou no Varukyuria: Gallian Chronicles - Selvaria Bles - 1/7 - Swimsuit ver. (Alter)
EUR 91.89 = ~ USD $114.86
Link*.
* WARNING! SLIGHTLY NSFW! *
This time, I have the acronym correct.

IS: Infinite Stratos - Charlotte Dunois - 1/8 - Jersey ver. (Alter)
EUR 58.45 = ~ USD $73.06
Link.

Flat rate shipping - EUR 34.90 = ~ USD $43.63
Total - EUR 185.24 = ~ USD $231.55

At some point in July, I will be down that much but will have two more pretty figures.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I gotta ask, whats with gollum copping a feel?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Picked up an Anime Expo shirt today before the convention officially begins. Oh, and people loved the Necomimi magic ears.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote
Via Amazon:

Grand total: $91.56

This week, I may eschew ordering from TRSI on account of being unable to easily find items at prices less than $5 more than what they can be found at on Amazon, even with the (up to) 32% discount going on at the former. However, I did indeed place a pre-order for the Shakugan no Shana Second Part 1 Limited Edition + Part 2 Blu-ray Bundle with Free Gift almost as soon as it appeared. Considering, however, that I also placed a pre-order for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase One: Avengers Assembled Blu-ray Collector's Set (via Amazon), which is to be released on the very same day, I will be contacting TRSI approximately one week beforehand and request that the former's shipment be delayed by one week in order to avoid a ~$230 deduction, which would be more than I am ordinarily willing to spend on video in one pay period.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
Local DVD store having a world cinema sale:

Sakuran (based on the manga): £5
Kankera: A Piece of Our Lives (based on an Erica Sakurazawa manga): £4
Memories of Matsuko: (from the director of Kamikaze Girls): £4
Funuke (I thought it looked good Razz ): £4
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
Got my Patlabor movie "Limited Collector's Editions" and damn are they spiffy looking. For some reason, after looking at a picture of the set somewhere I had gotten the impression that they were over-sized, like a NISA set, glad to find they are regular height.

Hamilton Book was a little slower on shipping and didn't provide a tracking number, which caused a little worry (thinking I got the dumb-ass mail carrier who leaves the package at the door, ready-made to steal) but packaging itself was nice and thick and everything arrived in perfect shape. For $10 a set (+shipping) I have no complaints.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Alright, well, I'm a tad annoyed. I paid $12 for two day shipping so that I could get PSG as soon as possible, and it did come in two days, so no problem there. However, I paid $5 for priority shipping on AnoHana since it was just one item, and it got here in...two days. I'm chocking this up to a fluke, but I'll probably test it again in the near future so I don't ever waste $7 again.

On a less agitated note, I must say that I'm impressed with my first NISA release. I don't know why exactly, but I've always been under the impression that their packaging style was more like a box with a lid and all the stuff was inside that, so I was little surprised to see that it's actually just a really big, chipboard slip. It's a nifty setup, but it is a tad annoying since everything is crammed in there, and so I have to take the book out to get the discs. It's definitely inconvenient, but tolerable. Speaking of the book, that thing is so awesome. The binding is thick, the pages are thick, and it's so large, meaning the pictures are very clear - definitely impressive. And, to top it all off, it looks great next to my Anaru figure. I'm so glad I decided to make my shelves deep enough to hold NISA releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
The last few weeks have been kinda slow (just sitting on mountains of preorders for manga & figures) but I did get a few little goodies in the mail recently so here goes.

From RightStuf: Hetalia - World Series season 4 L.E. boxset; Finder v06, Secretary's Job?, and Olympos. If anyone's read that last one please explain it to me, seriously. I thought it started out with an interesting premise but sort of ended up wandering aimlessly (albeit with some promising threads throughout, like gods self-aware of their existence as cultural constructs/projections, and their different relationships with the mortals who worship/fear them). Mostly it seemed like the mangaka didn't quite have a firm grasp on how to express her(?) ideas, or maybe even didn't have a specific conclusion in mind when she started. BTW it does have a really lovely cover, cream-colored background with a brilliant sunset-crimson Apollo, all with a pearly lustre.

Also from RightStuf via their 5 Points Pictures studio: Finding Mr. Destiny. I absolutely had to buy this because Gong Yoo is both handsome and hilarious (I'm currently loving him in Big as an 18-y.o. who finds himself inhabiting the body of his teacher's emotionally distant fiancé). I love that 5 Points is picking up the slack left by other R1 licensors by bring over non-horror, non-gore, non-exploitation Asian films.

And from YesAsia: The much-anticipated OSTs for Rooftop Prince, which beyond the cute pop tunes has an unusually beautiful (for a drama, imo) & haunting background score. They came with posters (LOL at Yoochun's baggy sweatpants in that 2nd one). I'll be preordering the heck out of RP whenever I see the boxset show up at RightStuf.

(Also got the mp3 of Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back" from Amazon because, though I'd miraculously somehow never heard it [yes, that's how well I can sequester myself from pop culture when it suits me], I recently saw this which I then watched repeatedly for the past 3 weeks and will now, forever & always associate the song with the most swoon-worthy drama lead ever. *closes her tags and promptly passes out* )
zeta kira

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Just placed an order for the following:

Cross Game Vol. 4-5
Slam Dunk Vol. 17
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Freedom Friday pickups:

Panty and Stocking Complete Collection
Anohana Complete Collection
Psychic Squad Collection 1
Fractale Complete Collection
Astro Boy Collection 1 & 2
Gigantor Collection 1 & 2
Lupin the 3rd: First TV Collection
Mahoromatic: I'm Home Special
Bakuman Vol 11
Tenjho Tenge Omnibus 7
Mardock Scramble 5

Gonna keep feeding the stack...
warden13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
Items paid for and shipped this week

From Amiami:
-Nendoroid - Mahiru Inami
-High Priestess Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland - Rorona Complete Figure
-PS3 [w/Pre-order Bonus] Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Twilight -Ground Premium Box
-Fate/Zero - Saber & Saber Motored Cuirassier
-Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - Panty Complete Figure
-Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland - Totori Complete Figure
-Shinryaku!? Ika Musume - Mini Ika Musume Trading Figure BOX
-Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS - Nanoha Takamachi -Summer holiday- Complete Figure
-Super Sonico Swim Suit Gravure ver. Complete Figure
-Motto To LOVE-Ru - Momo Velia Deviluke Complete Figure

This gigantic order is partially due to 5 of these figures being delays from previous months. The only upside I can see for this order is that it coincides with a 10x points campaign Amiami is currently holding. With this many figures I'm currently living in fear of the size of the shipping box used, hopefully it's big enough to serve a home for when I'm destitute and living on the streets. LOL

From Amazon.jp:
-Black Rock Shooter Blu-ray Box Limited Edition

From Rightstuf:
-Bleach Graphic Novel 42
-Bleach Graphic Novel 43
-Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 12
-Gundam, Mobile Suit UC (Unicorn) Blu-ray 5
-Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Novel 7: Intrigues of Haruhi (Hardcover)
-Naruto Graphic Novel 57
-Spice and Wolf Novel 6
-Tenjho Tenge Graphic Novel 7
-Towanoquon Blu-ray Complete Collection
silencer226

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:22 am Reply with quote
Decided to buy Soul Eater Meister and Weapon collections. I had the first half on DVD but sold it and was planning on eventually getting the BD but crap happened and yeah... just now buying it.

Tech buy: Wacom Tablet.
Ensof

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
Ordered from Madman Entertainment: World Embryo volumes 1-8.

Back in 2008 Dark Horse announced that they’d licensed this series. Though Chuang Yi had already begun releasing it through Madman here in Australia, their production qualities aren’t great (though I’ll admit their dust covers are nice). I decided to wait for DH’s releases, only to forget about World Embryo until last week. Turns out DH never released it. If they’ve sat on the licence for four years, and no mention of it can be found on their website, I strongly doubt they’re ever going to publish it. Madman it is, then. This is a rare occasion when being a collector in Australia counts as an advantage.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
Didn't get much time in the dealer's room today so I didn't buy much, just picked up Dear Drops from Mangagamer, and even though I didn't buy it and Zac thought it to be something no one would ever watch (and I'm not saying he's wrong and I might regret it, but I watch whatever I get no matter how bad), I got a copy of Dirty Pair Flash from the ANNCast panel.

Tomorrow will probably be a pretty large shopping day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 910 of 1401