Jobs @ Anime News Network
Do not CC multiple ANN e-mail addresses with your application. If you do, your application will not be considered. Send your application only to the e-mail address listed for the position.
Public / Press Representative
Note: This job is not for Anime News Network, it is for an anime DVD/BD publisher that wishes to remain confidential at this time.
On behalf of one of our clients, ANN is looking for a PR person to represent the client to the public, as well as to the press. This is an entry level job, and guidance would be given by experienced PR / marketing professionals. No Prior Experience is Necessary.
The ideal candidate
- Must be an anime fan and in touch with modern anime fans;
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or journalism or prior PR experience;
- Japanese language skills (N2 or better) would be an asset (ie: not mandatory);
- Living in the Los Angeles area would be an asset.
- Communicating with fan press and mainstream press on behalf of the publisher;
- Pitching article ideas, interview opportunities, etc...;
- Responding to press inquiries;
- Representing the company to fans at conventions.
About the Job
- Part time, 20 hours a week;
- Starting early June, 2015;
- A 3-month contract that will be extended after a positive review;
- Work from home, with some travel (3 conventions in 2015, expenses paid).
If you are interested in the above opportunity, send an e-mail to [email protected] The subject of your e-mail must be "PR Job" any other subject line will be discarded. Include your CV and a cover letter. Questions will not be replied to, only potential candidates will be contacted at the end of the submission process. Applications due before Monday, May 25th, 2015.
News or Interest InternAnime News Network's ongoing internship program is open to new interns every semester. Interns will have the opportunity to work with ANN's news team or interest team and earn valuable on-the-job journalism experience with a professional publication. No experience is required.
Each semester ANN hires two news interns: one with intermediate Japanese knowledge and one without. Currently we are only looking for applicants who possess an intermediate level of Japanese. Intermediate level is defined as JLPT N3 or equivalent. We are looking for one intern to start ASAP.
Applicants who do not speak Japanese can still apply, but applicants should be aware we are hiring for a Fall 2015 internship (to start in the August-September timeframe). The application deadline is July 15, 23:59 ET.
The application process for an interest intern is identical, so just follow the below guidelines and you will also be automatically considered for an interest internship. Feel free to specify if you have a preference for one department or the other, or if you are only interested in one department or the other.
Important Note for Interest Internships: All applicants for our interest interns must possess a Japanese reading ability of intermediate or higher. Intermediate level is defined as JLPT N3 or equivalent. ANN is looking to hire a new interest intern for the Fall 2015 semester (to start in the August-September timeframe). The application deadline is July 15, 23:59 ET.
Applicants for interns should expect to spend 10 to 20 hours a week performing tasks for Anime News Network, including posting press releases, writing news articles under the guidance of Senior News Editor Egan Loo and Managing Editor Crystalyn Hodgkins (or under Interest Editor Lynzee Lamb for interest interns), and researching information for news articles. Strict adherence to deadlines will be expected. Full details of the position will be provided to serious applicants.
These are unpaid internship positions, but they may be eligible for school credit (talk to your school). This is a work from home internship, please verify with you school to make sure this is acceptable. Preference will be given to candidates who are seeking school credit.
We are also now accepting candidates for 2-term internships (ie: Sept 1 to April 30). Please specify in your cover letter if you want to do a 2-term internship. As of 2012, preference will be given to candidates applying for 2-term internships.
Anime News Network is currently seeking a Tokyo-area correspondent to cover various events and screenings in the area. We're looking for an experienced writer who is comfortable writing film reviews and conducting interviews; previous experience in either of these things is required.
- Lives in the Tokyo area
- Speaks Japanese at a business-fluent level and can write at a professional level in English
- Has previous experience working as a professional writer, dealing with editorial direction and deadlines
- Comfortable writing film reviews and interviewing professionals in the industry
- Available to cover major events in the area such as Comiket and Tokyo Anime Fair
This position is paid on a per-article basis, with coverage expenses also provided. Please contact [email protected] with your cover letter, resume and writing samples.
Anime News Network