• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Get S'More to change GE999 Cover [UPDATE - More Help Needed (Page 2)]

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 am Reply with quote
I've been sticking up for S'more on their facebook page. Through no subs and hardsubs i've stuck with them because they are releasing shows i care about and probs wouldnt have gotten otherwise.

BUT i feel cheated nw after seeing the cover they have lined up for the first GE999 Box.

Wrong Train,Wrong Logo, Light Blue Background. WTF!!!!!!!!

please help me and others spamming the facebook topic to hell with the negative reaction this pisspoor attempt at a cover deserves.

What we need is the style of the European releases like this ...

PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited by blaizevincent on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:10 am Reply with quote
Ya know, in the realm of coin collecting, goofs make an item even MORE valuable. Wink
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote
I'd never buy their DVDs anyway. I can't even think of how much ink and paper I would waste printing their PDF for the English scripts of the episodes just so I can awkwardly glance down at the paper, read, and then try to follow what's happening on the screen as well. No thanks. It would be a minimal expense to take the scripts and make an English language subtitle track.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I'd never buy their DVDs anyway. I can't even think of how much ink and paper I would waste printing their PDF for the English scripts of the episodes just so I can awkwardly glance down at the paper, read, and then try to follow what's happening on the screen as well. No thanks. It would be a minimal expense to take the scripts and make an English language subtitle track.

GE999 is hardsubbed
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 am Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
GE999 is hardsubbed

Now you're starting to understand why they're making an inferior product.

It's not about you. It's about fear Japan will reverse-import.

Sorry, but you're on your own with this one. I'm too busy being pissed off at Kadokawa for blocking its bluray releases into R1 right now.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
blaizevincent wrote:
GE999 is hardsubbed

Sorry, but you're on your own with this one. I'm too busy being pissed off at Kadokawa for blocking its bluray releases into R1 right now.

They dont fear DVD R1 releases because Japan arn't in the same region. Seriously if that were the case every release ever in America would look like crap. I'm dissapointed. This is our chance , quite possibly are only chance to have this show released here on DVD. S'more have a budget hence things like hardsubs etc. But the Cover design doesnt fall into a budget.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
blaizevincent wrote:
GE999 is hardsubbed

This has nothing to do with reverse importation. This is all about S'more being incredibly cheap. They are simply putting in the absolutely bare minimum in this release. Hell, hardsubs are probably below bare minimum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 am Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
blaizevincent wrote:
GE999 is hardsubbed

They don't fear DVD R1 releases because Japan arn't in the same region.

Oh please, that's what region-free DVD players are for plus most region-locked players are easy to hack into & change the region code if you know where to look.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
blaizevincent wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
blaizevincent wrote:
GE999 is hardsubbed

They don't fear DVD R1 releases because Japan arn't in the same region.

Oh please, that's what region-free DVD players are for plus most players are easy to hack into & change the region code if you know where to look.

I know that. But thats not the point. You cant factor in region free players otherwise Licensing anything wouldnt happen. So my point is valid. Also reverse importation doesnt seem such a big deal. If you go on Yahoo Japan Auctions while there are R1/A Releases from america they arn't exactly everywhere and they arnt being bought anywhere near as much as the japanese releases.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
via S'more Ent. Facebook page
Quote:
this was NOT the final cover, just one format we were considering....it's why it was posted her, for comments. it will be changed....
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Quote:
this was NOT the final cover, just one format we were considering....it's why it was posted her, for comments. it will be changed....

A stunning triumph for blaizevincent!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
blaizevincent wrote:
I know that. But thats not the point. You can't factor in region free players otherwise Licensing anything wouldnt happen. So my point is valid. Also reverse importation doesnt seem such a big deal. If you go on Yahoo Japan Auctions while there are R1/A Releases from america they arn't exactly everywhere and they arnt being bought anywhere near as much as the japanese releases.

If it's not such a big deal, why are the Japanese treating it like one? Oh, no BluRays just because of a mere technicality with contracts or some line of bullshit? I'll buy that one for sure. It's not that they're unwilling to license anything, but they want to make it less appealing for their domestic revenue stream to look outside of the country by crippling foreign releases. Oh, they'll let you have your BluRay, 14 months after their's initially goes on sale. So if it's not reverse importation fears, is it just because they just hate foreign anime fans?
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
blaizevincent wrote:
I know that. But thats not the point. You can't factor in region free players otherwise Licensing anything wouldnt happen. So my point is valid. Also reverse importation doesnt seem such a big deal. If you go on Yahoo Japan Auctions while there are R1/A Releases from america they arn't exactly everywhere and they arnt being bought anywhere near as much as the japanese releases.

If it's not such a big deal, why are the Japanese treating it like one? Oh, no BluRays just because of a mere technicality with contracts or some line of bullshit? I'll buy that one for sure. It's not that they're unwilling to license anything, but they want to make it less appealing for their domestic revenue stream to look outside of the country by crippling foreign releases. Oh, they'll let you have your BluRay, 14 months after their's initially goes on sale. So if it's not reverse importation fears, is it just because they just hate foreign anime fans?

I agree with Blu Ray for the most part and feel that 2 years for a HD transfer for a new Release is an acceptable delay. Which has been the case for most releases. BUT the dvd arguement was completely invalid imo.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
WTK wrote:
Quote:

A stunning triumph for blaizevincent!

I hope so. I really do. : D

If they could just get the basics right then i'll be happy. Im not too hard to please, although in this case i did have a mini freakout lol. BUT i think i got my point across, hopefully they can take some of my opinions onboard.

TBH i wonder how much they didn't intend to use that cover. I mean its soooo far off what a GE999 cover should be i was just stunned.

Also the GOOF Coin analogy went completely over my head lol had my mother explain it to me : P
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Another option posted by S'more Ent: LINK

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3