• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Hey, man, there's a Beveridge here!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Why would you insult me? Leave the mob mentality at home Kid. I'm wrong?

1) Saying you are wrong is not an insult. If you find the mere suggestion that you are incorrect insulting you have some issues you need to work out.

2) I did NOT say you were wrong. I said that people may think you are wrong. Meaning, people might actually genuinely disagree with you rather than this being some sort of absurd mob reaction as you keep suggesting.

Quote:
Who are you to say otherwise?

I didn't. You are free to think whatever you like about Spice and Wolf. I am not telling you what you can or cannot think. The opposite in fact. You are the one coming in here and insisting that nobody can have an opinion on a show unless they've watched it all.

Quote:
Maybe I enjoyed being bored for the first 11 episodes, but I make it my business to finish a series before I mention a single word on the internet.

Okay, assuming this is true, you are a very unique fellow. If that's how it is though then by all means, think that Spice and Wolf is a good series. As I said before, I have no problem with you having a differing opinion on the show. What I do have a problem with is you coming in here and expecting us to conform to these bizarre standards of yours. 99.99% of people do not enjoy being bored for 11 episodes just to get to a couple good ones. Therefore, they will be of the opinion that Spice and Wolf is a bad show and that's just fine. If you are the super rare exception who apparently likes to be bored then by all means conclude that in your opinion Spice and Wolf is a good show. It's okay to disagree about this. What isn't okay though is to insist that everyone should think like you and enjoy a series even if the first 11 episodes suck.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
Prior to this ANNcast I had no interest in Spice and Wolf, thinking it was just some Beastgirl moe or loli show. After hearing Zac's rant the econ thing piqued my interest and I decided to look into it. I got yesterday and watched the first disc. Not bad. Not great, but not bad. The thing with turning 10 silvers into 13 reminds me of what's happening with the US dollar being devalued these days.
Maximus44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Why did it seem like they were surprised by Chris posting hentai reviews?

There are dozens of hentai reviews done by Bamboo Dong for this website.

I guess it's because he does those elaborate and technical reviews for what most consider to be throwaway media.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8