• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Riddle Story of Devil (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

Blood- wrote:
By the way, DP,spoiler[ good call on the Nio disguise speculation!]

Yeah, spoiler[I totally called it, well it kind of made sense to me, I was totally shouting that I knew it with the reveal].

What I was spoiler[not expecting was the ending have absolutely everyone from the class survive], the only thing I can take from that is that there were spoiler[super paramedics always ready to jump in and fix anyone who got removed from the game]. I am at least happy as my spoiler[favourite couple of the series survived, and although it kind of cheapened their episode, I am not entirely against] a happy ending. We even got to see a same spoiler[sex couple with their adoptive daughter].

Looks like everything might not be the end, I suddenly had the thought, if the Azuma clan brings in other skilled people into their clan, then we might guess that Tokaku's father might be someone skilled. What if spoiler[the guy who kept sending messages was Tokaku's father].

Well I had fun with this show, and some episodes were pretty strong, overall I rate it Good, kind of annoying as this is the third show in a row that I have rated "Good". I at least think it was the most consistently good show consistently good show compared to Nanana and Wixoss, and probably close to being marked up as a must watch if there was a bit more work on atmosphere. Although atmosphere was one of the places they did pretty well, I was particularly fond of Nio's jagged teeth mode, probably a more consistent and integrated use would have been better.
SnK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed AnR, it was a decent anime.

spoiler[So what do you guys think it was about at the end of the episode, when that guy smiled? Is this a hint for a season 2 or something? (I don't read the manga, so i dont know where it stopped)]
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
That ending sequence. spoiler[Here I was wonder whether Nio or Haru survived what with the one ambulance and then they go and bring back the dead!] And then there's spoiler[Scissors girl. She seems to have gotten a reward rather than a punishment for sneaking back in!] So a bit of a mess, but everything before then was great.

EDIT: Just started going through the manga, and I've got to say I like how they handled it much better so far. We get a lot of the exposition much sooner, for one.
Dfens

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I for one was majorly let down with this show, It started off ok, but as it went on and on it went down hill and got worse.

Nobody dies or stays dead, they don't really explain what happens to Haru if she has to take over the clan or is really set free. The whole one girl who is immortal as long as you don't kill her or the one that is a freaking cyborg. Way to really throw out making it remotely realistic. Or how in the end in that one battle Haru seems to have some balls and or skills to survive and actually fights back when the whole show she was the damsel in distress.

Ending was a real cop out and kind of made the whole show irrelevant for what it was going for.

It did have a few minor good action scenes but no way would I ever recommend this series or even want to own a copy even if was giving to me for free.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote
^
I agree Dfens, the ending was a copout and the entire story was extremely stupid. The best part about the show were the ending credits.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:15 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Sorry for being late. Well I got to say that this show is kind of underwhelming and its yuri is very lacking. While I am glad that all assassins survive in the end, I feel that it should have been given a bad one. A great NTR ending would have been nice. Anyway, the characters and their songs are the most interesting parts of this show. As a yuri fan, I wish there were more since it makes the fact that it is a yuri show ambiguous. 7/10]
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
This show lacked something. It felt hollow. I needed something extra to actually make me feel invested in anything in it or any of the characters. The premise itself was ok, a more realistic Danganronpa maybe, which I liked. It wasn't all trying to kill with massively elaborate traps and rocket launchers, it was much more grounded with knives and poisons and much more basic techniques.

I think it needed characters I could actually care about. I really didn't care for any of them, not even the teacher.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (extra episode)

A strange episode out of continuation where all the characters show up somehow, an excuse to put them in swimsuits. I liked knowing that spoiler[Banba was going to snap]. But it feels like the real winners of the episode were spoiler[Chitaru and Hitsugi who spent the episode flirting in a yuritastic fashion].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8