• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
A few things popped up in my mind in this Elementario episode. 1.) Sylphy is probably by far the most competent member of the bunch. 2.) I've just realized it but is it just me or is Muse actually a lot more muscular and leaner?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
After watching the latest episode, I just want to give Latifa a hug Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
I think Kanie wants to give Latifah the beefah.

So we finally find out what's really on the line if Amagi Brilliant Park doesn't get to stay open.

Go, Kanie, go!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Damn, park sure became impressive and like it should be!
Sento spilled the history beans.
Latifa is a cursed Princess..
Kanie made a difference, but will it be enough?
The deadline is painfully close and the visitor count is not high enough.
Wonder how they'll attract 104 000 people in 10 days..]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Am I only one that wants to visit the park? It looks so fun there now after all the changes they've made. I had an inclin a few minutes before that spoiler[Latifa's life hangs in the balance with the park staying open. ]
So now Kanie knows the truth so he's working twice as hard, but trying to attract spoiler[10420 customers a day is going to be practically impossible.]

"Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Just who the hell do you think Kanie is?!"

Come on! You can do it!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I, too, want to visit that park. It finally became a real amusement park! Crying or Very sad

I wonder Shoji Gatoh is making a statement about ill girl characters because MAN spoiler[Latifa just inherited a lot of major ills. And to think in the original novel she was also supposed to be blind, but thankfully they consider it a bit too excessive (for now I hope)]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Yep, sorry guys, screw Sento and her silly crush; LatifahxSeiya is the true pairing of this series. <3 I'm rooting for them hard now. I can't get over how adorable they are together!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Oh snap, spoiler[they have 3 hours to get 252 more people through the gate]. How will they spoiler[manage to accomplish this? Could they cheat and have everyone walk through the gate]?

On Kanie getting the people to accept, that is how you win with magic on your side, you make sure to sell yourself as much as possible while making sure they believe that you know what you are talking about. I like a lot of the character Tiramie seems to have become a favourite with his expressions.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:

So, spoiler[three hours left and 252 people to go]. I think that might be manageable although it won't be simple. How will do they it? I hope it'll be something surprising.

Anyways, it was a good buildup episode. I liked how spoiler[Kanie used his mind reading ability to get the sponsorship.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
Good episode. It came across as the penultimate one but apparently there are actually two left. Twelve will likely be devoted solely to getting the last couple of hundred through the gate, and be padded out with despair followed by triumph; the usual dramatic formula. With that out of the way, thirteen can then take its time to wrap things up with the characters.

One thing I've noticed is that while Kanie has done a good job, he hasn't really had the midas touch like he claimed. Setting aside the soccer game - which was largely down to luck - the park got almost exactly two-hundred thousand visitors in the last ninety days. That's two-point-four times better (average visitors/day) than getting two-hundred-fifty thousand visitors in the first two-hundred-seventy days. A one-hundred-forty percent increase sounds amazing, but when you consider how abysmally the park had been run before Kanie's arrival, that level is actually not very impressive. What I'm saying is that anyone halfway competent could have achieved those numbers, so Kanie hasn't been the genius that the show has told us he is.

On a lighter note, why is the dolphin fighting the Walrus? Isn't that the shark's job?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
An important part of getting this far has been in believing that it is possible and giving people what they want, the first part of getting people to believe in you is to believe in yourself. At the beginning that would get angry at Kanie and that was the only way he had to motivate them, now they believe that if they trust a little they can make it. It may be because of this background as a child actor, but Kanie is really good at knowing what people want, in fact I might theorise that the reason he acts so egotistical is because he is quite good a picking up on things. His ego is a defence mechanism.

The game was not entirely blind luck, they would not have had a chance without his quick thinking and not sounding desperate or unreliable.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
On a lighter note, why is the dolphin fighting the Walrus? Isn't that the shark's job?

The dolphin has been featured in previous episodes when we saw that show. He's the heroic samurai character, while the shark keeps the pirates in line behind the scenes.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:32 am Reply with quote
Anyone else think that the spoiler[mind reading] ability has been a bit underused? It has been used like a total of 3 or 4 times. I had (again) completely forgotten that the thing even existed. I think the last time he used it was against the dragon and that was like... episode 5?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Filling up the stadium was a great idea.
It's just the amount they need to succeed.
Kanie was still pretty worried about the whole thing though.
He's also excellent in dealing with businessmen.
Moffle agreeing with Kanie... now that's rare.
All that effort and they are 252 people short.
Wonder how they'll get enough people in 3 hours.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Anyone else think that the spoiler[mind reading] ability has been a bit underused? It has been used like a total of 3 or 4 times. I had (again) completely forgotten that the thing even existed. I think the last time he used it was against the dragon and that was like... episode 5?

I didn't forget but it HAS been underused, yes.

Quote:
What I'm saying is that anyone halfway competent could have achieved those numbers, so Kanie hasn't been the genius that the show has told us he is.

I'm pretty sure Seiya IS a genius though. How many 16-year-olds do you know could accomplish what he did? lol Sure his power helped him out a few times but even without that, he is insanely skilled at manipulating people to make things go the right way. He knows the right buttons to push and does it magnificently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 14