• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamisama Dolls (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribulations

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
That was kind of the last ending I was expecting from this show, but I liked it. I think the whole "leave things up in the air" approach was well-handled, and in the credits, we were given insight into how things would probably turn out. I really like the Aki/Kyouhei frienemies dynamic. Overall, I REALLY dug this show. I'm totally willing to wait for a second season, too. For now, it would be nice to get the manga over to where I am. Laughing
You guys can have Mahiru. I call dibs on Kuuko. Seriously. She's awesome.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
tribulations wrote:

You guys can have Mahiru. I call dibs on Kuuko. Seriously. She's awesome.

So you are into crazy glasses girl huh? Smile My rankings for the girls

Mahiru- Best imo because of her arrogrant side and yet has a cute side
Utao- Easily made the show the most enjoyable. Her face expressions were just downright HILARIOUS. I constantly LOLed when she made those faces especially concering with Kyohei. I kept rewatching those parts.

Hibino- She was an alright character. I seriously don't like girls with huge unreleastic boobs that no high school/college girl has. I mean I dont mind big ones, but when its so unreleastic it just reduces the characters in my eye.

Kuuko- Your beloved was my worst girl character. I dislike glasses on almost every single anime characters. I don't why I dislike them, it just looks weird. She also had an annoying voice and was crazy lol.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote
My problem with Hibino was that she was just so... placid. Until the end, you had no idea how she felt about almost anything. And, yeah, I thought character-design-wise, that they'd made her boobs too big. I appreciate boobs as much as anyone, but once they exceed a certain size, they become a negative and not a positive; Hibino's exceeded that size, though I've seen worse.

I like Mahiru best because, well, I just like girls like her. I thought Kouhei was crazy not to be attracted to her, though maybe he still sees her as a child (if so, then her attitude isn't going to help there). But going for a girl because she reminds you of an older woman who basically didn't give you the time of day (but did with your friend) is... well, I guess it's understandable, but I still think he's missing out.

In the end, I just don't like Hibino's personality.

BTW, I was a little disappointed with the last episode. I mean, how STUPID are some of these people not to realize who was controlling Kukuri when it was kicking the crap out of Magatsuchi? Did they *really* think that Utao could do that? Please. Couldn't they hear it's song? It seems like Mahiru was the only one who realized who was controlling it. Really, that's pretty pathetic.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
I've seen some people speculate that the characters can't hear the songs, only the viewers can, and I have to admit I can't remember the characters ever commenting/asking why the kekkashi sing when they're being controlled.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I've seen some people speculate that the characters can't hear the songs, only the viewers can, and I have to admit I can't remember the characters ever commenting/asking why the kekkashi sing when they're being controlled.

That would explain it, then. So I tend to agree with that speculation.

Also, it was nice to see that Kouhei *really is* that bad ass with a kakashi.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:

That would explain it, then. So I tend to agree with that speculation.

Also, it was nice to see that Kouhei *really is* that bad ass with a kakashi.

Hmm that makes sense. Hibino was always asking questions about the dolls and village, so it was kind of weird how she never once asked why the dolls sing.
dan7el

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
My problem with Hibino was that she was just so...

I like Mahiru best because, well, I just like girls like her.

BTW, I was a little disappointed with the last episode. I mean, how STUPID are some of these people not to realize who was controlling Kukuri when it was kicking the crap out of Magatsuchi? Did they *really* think that Utao could do that? Please. Couldn't they hear it's song? It seems like Mahiru was the only one who realized who was controlling it. Really, that's pretty pathetic.

I don't think Hibino knew what she wanted until the end. In my opinion, Mahiru is a big-ball-of-crazy. Perhaps Kohei sees that and wants to avoid a relationship with a crazy person. I think pretty-much everyone knew at the end there that Kohei was the one controlling Kukuri. I don't think there was any doubt.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:57 am Reply with quote
Not that it is really big, but I caught the Kamisama Dolls Special, mostly just Utao in a dating sim scenario. But I got a little laugh at the end with it spoiler[sudenly turning into fighting game. Utao having the comands of Fight, Run, Waiting, and Cake, and Aki having the comands Fight, Fight, Fight, and Kyouhei.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I caught Specials 2 & 3, as well. No surprise that the Isshoni Training with Hibino got the big, er..., thumbs up from me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8