• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ben-to (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY! really this quite OH NO really of ep.

indeed now twins are now biggest threat to beat really with shopping baskets of doom darkness are main weapons really double combo really beat up everyone it this ep alone really anyone or something to stop the twins?!

especially pulling a con-basket-to on ice witch make her spin around if real life her neck could snap & yet more humiliated putting a basket of her head after being beaten really basket on head it like twins calling card.

really got wonder what next?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Not a training episode like we expected since Sen is sick. Instead we're shown why Kyo² moved to where they live now; because they got there asses handed to them. They also seem to be trying to drive people towards the store their father owns by making them not want to go to the ones they leave their mark at. At least, that's how I interpreted that part. To be honest, this episode just through a bunch of information and a new character at us without explaining much. Certainly not the kind of episode I want right before the finale.

There were funny moments, though! Ume kidnapped Oshiori, Sen was adorable sick, and Sato has to put suppositories into Sen since she asked for "fast acting medicine". We also learned that Sen's hair does that split thing because of her boots, or at least that's what Sato thinks. Oh, and Sato lets Brunette know that she quit fighting because she is stacked, which I found to be the amusing part of the episode.

As whole, though, not a great episode. They killed all the momentum and excitement from last week's episode by throwing new information and characters at us. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the backstory on Kyo², but the way they jammed it in there and added a new character at the last second didn't work well.

Hopefully the final episode still has an epic battle of some sort.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote
I agree - didn't like how things unfolded. I've been looking forward to an epic battle between The Ice Witch, The Freak and The Twins. Now they toss in some new character and I guess he's going to be the climatic battle. WTF? The show tends to handle comedy well, but a lot of times when it comes to plot, they just end up shitting the bed.

Cracked up at Ume's latest abduction of Oshiori and how one of the twins politely called Sato "Hentai-san." Laughing
KLAC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
this week ep

we get more on twins past give saw ben-to fights as little kiddies & they want to be "noble wolves".
sato explain what happen to Oshiroi but she keel blah blah blah til point ume-kidnap "yea walk away & rid of filler."
sato looking for sen but found faceless doobi give ice witch is absent oh called "stacked" in front of doobi.
shaga doing some digging info while bad luck girl got bugged.
sato found ice witch is sick & plans for eel fight.
sato & racket guy encounter twins some saying & called them two dogs.
after fight more info about twins sato ask shaga to send twin a message (yea guard with 4-d battery oh no run away).
racket get info need cause 3yrs ago twins got beaten by gang lead by man in red hat named Heracle's Combo.
oh sato get medicine got call by ume & yea ume being ume on sato.

got wonder how fit it all twins, Heracle's Combo, eel, etc in next ep?
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quote
Is it wrong that I look forward to a post by KLAC? Wink
KLAC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
what i'm saying give happen in this week ben-to ep aka ep.11 they just last second curve ball by bringing guy in red hat aka Heracle.

besides with assume how i'm guessing how finale goes yea any guess of what so ever expect like bonus ep or s2 on the way?
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:

I hate to say this but you are not alone. I actually have friends who are not anime fans who enjoy his posts as well. Maybe we should start a club.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
what i'm saying

Never have so few words contained so much mystery.
supercreep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm very late to this party but where are all of you watching this? I'd like to give it a go.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, Ben-to is not being streamed legitimately anywhere and the rules of this site prohibit us from publicly naming fansub sites. However, as always, Google is your friend.
KLAC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote
yea well give really wonder when it all done yea who going to get english dub.

give i know deep down series really dub material & yea so sure will be s2 so certain that i'm so predict it will happen.

overall really ben-to been like show stealer or fall anime season.
supercreep

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sadly, Ben-to is not being streamed legitimately anywhere and the rules of this site prohibit us from publicly naming fansub sites. However, as always, Google is your friend.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the heads up.
dan7el

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:26 am Reply with quote
lesterf1020 wrote:
dirkusbirkus wrote:

I hate to say this but you are not alone. I actually have friends who are not anime fans who enjoy his posts as well. Maybe we should start a club.

Hah. Thanks for pointing this out. I scrolled up and read some KLAC posts. They are actually painful to read. I hurt.

I really want to see the twins get their butts handed to them. I hope this happens this next episode.

Okay, can someone who lives there tell me, in the real world, does anyone really get all that excited over half-priced ben-to in the markets?

Just curious.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Well the ending was rather satisfying. I like it. I also have to give the credit for the way that guy in red hat 'ruined' the twins. Definitely did not see that coming and that's great. I am giving Ben-to "good" rating and, incidentally, to Haganai, as both shows have some really good parts but then serious flaws take away from experience. While Ben-to suffers from at times horrid storyline, Haganai has some insufferable characters. Overall both of these shows are enjoyable, I'd watch second seasons.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
yea so sure will be s2 so certain that i'm so predict it will happen.

Unless the light novel and/or manga sales have shot up, I'd say Ben-to is pretty doomed as far as a second season goes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10