• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
The official website has been 404'ed! Shocked

Look closely spoiler[at the "i" (information) icon. You'll see SOS-dan's watermark.]
True, funny how I get an Internet Explorer error message when I'm using FireFox Wink
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Yeah, I'm going to be wearing this outfit to next year's Kawaii Kon. (My parents won't let me fly out-of-state to go to all the good conventions on the mainland. Anime cry )
Do you have an older relative or close family friend you could go with? If not, I have to agree with them that it might not be the safest thing for a young lady such as yourself to go alone. There are just too many psychos around.

I don't have a digital camera, but I'll have someone take a picture of me in costume when I get it. I'm pretty paranoid about putting pictures of myself on the internet, but I'll post the photos here so I can prove once and for all that I'm not an eighty-year-old Chinese man in panties living in his mother's basement that gets a kick out of pretending to be a little girl in anime forums.
Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the picture, but don't post one unless you really want to. Don't let the ramblings of idiots convince you to do something you don't think is a good idea. (For the record, I'd like to see what everyone on the site looks like. It kind of makes things a little more "real.")

I doubt there'd be much risk involved with posting a pick here since this forum is a fairly sane and ostensibly safe place.

Edit: Strange, has that particular crying-face emoticon always been there and I just never noticed it, or is it new?
I think it was added along with the other anime themed ones earlier this year, but I could be wrong. For some reason, I didn't notice until about a month back that there was a "view more Emoticons" link bellow the regular cons. Embarassed

Oh no! Haruhi's gone bald! Wink

Are cosplay items like this official merchandise? If so, KyoAni must be raking in the cash like leaves. (Or the original writer or whomever.)
Mindless Watcher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote
Has this pic from a demonstration in Gaza already diffused through all anime related parts of the internet, BTW?

http://www.afpbb.com/article/1174867
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
I saw that in the Haruhi website thread. When I first saw it I figured it was a photoshop. I was quite suprised to find out that it was real.... perhaps there is hope for the Middle East yet. Laughing
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
Hmm, the way they are seeming to handle the North American release as of now (with great care), gives me hope that possibly they will listen to fans and release the DVDs in the broadcast order... Although, I suppose my favorite option would be if it actually were to air on US TV and be shown in broadcast order. I don't think this is likely, but I can always dream...
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I can see it now, Suzumiya Haruhi on Primetime TV Anime hyper, that would really get people interested. But I suppose the best we can hope for is a spot on [AS], sadly. But hopefully they will air it in broadcast order, same with the DVDs, it deserves to be shown in that form :O
White_Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu has a chance of getting licensed?
I dying to see it, and I don't know Japanese...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:57 pm Reply with quote
White_Ninja wrote:

Probably very soon. An English language Haruhi website just went up, and this generally means that the license is coming pretty soon.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
White_Ninja wrote:

It's been licensed, we just dont' know by who (yet). But by the time you read this, it will probably have been announced.

Here is the English website
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:09 am Reply with quote
Hmm, the English site is saying the following:

Quote:
YUKI.N> Translation device activated. Can you see this?

As of right now, it is 3:05 AM Eastern time (12:05 Western), so it's officially 12/22/06. It doesn't confirm anything at all, so I'm assuming that the site will update throughout the course of the day.

Edit: The site said the following at 3:10 AM Eastern:

Quote:
YUKI.N> Activating Gateway, please stand by. Timezone Convergence confirmed.

And by 3:12 AM, there was a link to a MySpace for the SOS Brigade, along with a video at the bottom of the asosbrigade.com homepage.

Licensed by Kadokawa Pictures USA, dubbed by Bandai, or something like that.

Last edited by SharinganEyes92 on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
3dB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:22 am Reply with quote
There's a video now up with some further info...

Wow, that was out of nowhere.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
What do you mean "out of nowhere"?

The site has been up since Monday with the words "The World as You Know it Will End on December 22nd" and the Haruhism logo. People have been discussing and anticipating it since Monday. It's hardly "out of nowhere".
3dB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote
...In reference to the licensor.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, with all those animals in that video, looks mighty suspicious that Zac had something to do with the making of the video Laughing
Anthony P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi''s licensed so now it's official: this thread might as well be stickied, because it's never going to die now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 78 of 213