• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ixion Saga DT (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Okay. Now that's funny. Never before has my inability to determine how long an anime broadcast run is been such an effective comedic tool.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

While I am not entirely happy with an episode focusing on some of the bishie boys, I do like the idea of an entire episode spoiler[dedicated to making us think that Kon and the princess are dead].

Although as I said in my previous post I am quite spoiler[confident in how it will work out, claiming that next episode is the finale is also a good feint, but the encyclopedia has it set as 24 episodes].
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
At the same time, this is very much the kind of show that I could see just saying spoiler["Yeah, they're dead. Time to wrap it up!"] for pure comedic effect.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
think you missed the next week we start the ED show. which is not saying they are stopping/wrapping up the show.

as for is kon dead? I'll be surprised if they really did die.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that there actually was a hint given in the episode when spoiler[Variation mentioned the other guy talking into the mirror.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I forgot to mention that there actually was a hint given in the episode when spoiler[Variation mentioned the other guy talking into the mirror.]

As if we needed another hint. It was extremely obvious back in episode eleven that spoiler[Kon had used the massive mirror to fake his death.]
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
Gustave cracks me up. And wow, KT eats a lot...

I actually wouldn't mind an Ixion Saga ED. Anime hyper
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Gustave cracks me up. And wow, KT eats a lot...

I actually wouldn't mind an Ixion Saga ED. Anime hyper

lol you noticed the constant eating too. they even added all the garbage which would take weeks to accumulate but they were only 4 days into the stake out.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
lol you noticed the constant eating too. they even added all the garbage which would take weeks to accumulate but they were only 4 days into the stake out.

The subtleness of it was funny.

Erec sama's random laughing fit cracked me up too. Anime hyper Dude, his FACE, LoL.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:

The subtleness of it was funny.

Erec sama's random laughing fit cracked me up too. Anime hyper Dude, his FACE, LoL.

I'll be waiting for his reaction to kon's return. you know it'll be classic.

(not a spoiler just speculation)
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
I'll be waiting for his reaction to kon's return. you know it'll be classic.

Definitely something to look forward to.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:12 am Reply with quote
I am a little disappointed this is a 2-cours show. I think the premise - such as it is - could easily have been wrapped up in one. I hope at least they'll put some kind of storyline in place because this endlessly travelling to some city and the Kon/ED rivalry is getting tired, imo. I need some kind of other element. Maybe we'll finally get some insight into what that Hot Chick is up to?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/IXION_SAGA_DT/status/284501597084598272

Even the official Twitter account is wondering where the series is headed. Anime hyper Well, I'm sure they know, but in any case, they're aware of the fact that the series isn't moving in any particular direction at the moment.

The director said at the premier event that there will be a story in the end, so I guess we can kind of expect those elements to show up in the second cours.

EDIT: http://ixion-saga-anime.jp/ Ixion Saga ED! XDDD
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:13 am Reply with quote
Cool!

eta: Episode 13

For me, this was one of the funniest episodes in a long time. Loved Miranda - I hope she is a recurring character and not just a one-off. That would be a waste of an amusing sociopath. She's clearly more dangerous to DT than ED.

Based on the preview, we might finally start to get some answers as to what is really going on next week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

Well Kon finally met his match, spoiler[in the form of someone even more delusional than he is, Miranda. Cutesy outer appearance, but all you need to do is recognise her sieyuu as Kobayashi Yuu to expect that she can be a total terror. Miranda has the entire town hide from her in fear of her disney princess prancing that causes utter disaster to everyone around her.]

All it took was for spoiler[her to run into Kon and she thought that the two of them were meant for each other, entire romance novel plots going through her head]. But the true problem for Kon was that her spoiler[actions of love turn into terrifying physical blows, the smallest actions proof of betrayal, and the inability to keep the same line of thinking. Challenging him to a dual to give him a chance to confess, apparently him loseing would force him to confess, but when she won she made him feel like dirt and said he could confess if he won.]

I would say my favourite character in the show, and thus I hope she shows up again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 13