• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Charlotte seems to be the most mentally stable of the group, which might account for the French love. Personally, I like Cecilia the best in the 'official' harem.

Tabane is also my favorite character. She's an eccentric, but that's vastly amusing. It's a shame she got so little air time. I'd thoroughly enjoy watching her thought process at work.

Also, the cliffhanger in ep 11 annoys me. I mean, spoiler[it's not much of a "cliffhanger" since this fight made up the first scene of the anime and it clearly showed Ichika fighting with the girls against the Gospel]. >.>
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Yep. They're totally not showing our favorite character. What now?
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Definitely needed more French-tan (and German-tan) in Episode 11. When I first starting watching IS, I was expecting more action, but I forgot all about it till this episode. I think the females seduced me and I don't remember my reason for watching this show.

Episode full of 'drama', so it was... It was... It was... I don't know, the fight scenes didn't really do much to impress me. And there's about, what, one or two episodes left? I'm hoping for a sequel though I feel that it's unlikely. I've heard stuff about the manga so I want some of that material adapted. Oh, and moar French-tan.

egoist wrote:
Yep. They're totally not showing our favorite character. What now?

We go worship the pictures/figurines of said character.

Now, excuse me while I disappear after hearing something special from Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Definitely needed more French-tan (and German-tan) in Episode 11. When I first starting watching IS, I was expecting more action, but I forgot all about it till this episode. I think the females seduced me and I don't remember my reason for watching this show.

Episode full of 'drama', so it was... It was... It was... I don't know, the fight scenes didn't really do much to impress me. And there's about, what, one or two episodes left? I'm hoping for a sequel though I feel that it's unlikely. I've heard stuff about the manga so I want some of that material adapted. Oh, and moar French-tan.

The old bait and switch. You were expecting mecha, but instead you got a romanticized harem knock-off (don't hate people you know you could find 20+ animes just like this). Now should've known that's what this anime was about from the get-go. The typical boy going to an all girl school. What did you expect? Then again looks like the bait and switch tactic worked on you.

Anyhow, for it's genre it was good.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I take back what I said about the mecha fights. Episode 12 was pretty damn good. Fighting was enjoyable, and the ending had me chuckling. Though, I only watched the raw, and skipped through it, I'll rewatch it once the legal stream is up.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:47 am Reply with quote
I don't understand this. Why did they practically remove French girl from the show? Where is the sex scene?

Do we get to see them naked in the BD?

Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:08 am Reply with quote
Well it was pretty much the ending I was expecting, but at least the show had it's good points, nice fights, a cute french reverse trap and ..... I guess that girl with the long sleeves appealed to me. Oh and when the sister was introduced before I surprisingly got some chuckles, more then I get from the average harem show joke of that level. Also did not expect that they would throw in some small ellement that the runaway robot may have spoiler[just been a crazy idea of bunny eared mad scientest sister to show off her younger sisters new mecha.]

Yes this show was a bit more then I expected, but the very end was way too typical, both for this show and for the genre. Tsundere childhood friend is not really my favourite character in this show anyway, and why did angry german chick go so dere towards the end of this series. Oh well, seen worse.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I just found out that you can watch all the episodes on Anime Network for free. The problem is that I do not like their media player. I also had some buffering issues with the HD stream. It would play fine up to a certain point and then "lag" real bad and constantly buffer to the point where it becomes unwatchable.

Aside from the technical issue, I am enjoying it so far based on the two episodes I saw. Even though the overall setup has this generic feel to it, the series, for me, is enjoyable.

I am a huge mecha fan and the IS fights do not disappoint. The IS dogfights are pretty awesome, fast paced, and nicely animated. Oh yeah, the pretty girls are a plus. I am looking forward to the French girl when she makes her appearance.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Got too lazy to discuss the final eppie, guess I'll do it now.

We need more screen time with the characters, the fights are enjoyable, but I'd really like more screen time with the characters (French-tan please). I do hope for a second season, that would make me happy. Great harem which totally helps out the show even with the generic elements. I'm glad to say, I watched it for the cute girls. And plot, can't forget the plot.

egoist wrote:
Where is the sex scene?

Do we get to see them naked in the BD?

French-tan in the shower wasn't enough for you?! Well, guess what, it wasn't for me. German-tan naked in bed with Ichika also wasn't enough, I want more.

MOAR FANSERVICE PLS (and second season along with it please.)
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote
The only thing that I thought was weird between the first and last episode was that in the first episode the Gospel didn't have the angel wings that it did in the same scene in the twelfth episode.
ggqt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:15 am Reply with quote
So I finally got around to watching this and I have to say as a whole it was not awful for a harem. No real plot, fanservice was decent, somewhat likable characters, whatever. You can say that about like 90% of the shows out there.

But there was this one episode I almost died laughing at. They are on their school trip to the beach and they are having dinner, in this scene Cecilia is kneeling and her legs get sore. Ichika notices her fidgeting, so being the stand up guy he is he tries to help. How? Yup, you guessed it; by offering to feed her.... wait whut?

How on earth does one have anything to do with the other. I cracked up so hard at that.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
@ggqt You should watch Infinite Stratos Encore: Sextet of Burning Love if you haven't already. Extra haremy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
@ggqt You should watch Infinite Stratos Encore: Sextet of Burning Love if you haven't already. Extra haremy.

It's even uncensored at one of the scenes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
ggqt wrote:
So I finally got around to watching this and I have to say as a whole it was not awful for a harem. No real plot, fanservice was decent, somewhat likable characters, whatever. You can say that about like 90% of the shows out there.

i disagree by buying the bluray.(i can post img to prove)

It's not like other fan service shows. It has Mecha action and Harem.
It feels like tenchi to me. I like Tenchi

Not sure where do you get the 90% stats from, if you give me 10 new anime that have Science fiction, Romance, Mecha, Harem in it. Let me know, i want to watch them.
ggqt

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quote
Woosh! right over your head. The 90% statement was referring to the "plot, fanservice, character" comment.

Also I'm not sure what buying the blu-ray has to do with anything or how it proves something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10