• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Triad dropped the series when it was licensed, which wasn't surprising since they didn't seem to care too much about the project in the first place anyway. Oh well, I'll buy the DVDs when they come out because I definitely think that while the first season had the better production value, the second season has the better plots.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Yeah, Triad dropped the series when it was licensed, which wasn't surprising since they didn't seem to care too much about the project in the first place anyway. Oh well, I'll buy the DVDs when they come out because I definitely think that while the first season had the better production value, the second season has the better plots.

I'm under the same agreement. While the first season had better visuals, there were some plots that the series didn't go into which included spoiler[details on Triela's past and what led Jose to join up with the Social Welfare Agency.] Il Teatrino not only explores the plots that the first season didn't explore, but also sheds light on the Pandanian terrorists with Franco, Franca, and Pinocchio.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote
I've been finding that the new series is below par for me. The first Gunslinger Girl has some class but I just don't see it anymore. Does anybody else feel like this?

Also, a while back I had a Gunslinger Girl package for my computer. It contained a rolling screensaver, "trailer" for the live action movie, desktop clock, icons that randomly walked around on your desktop, and little icons that would follow your mouse (I think it was a dog). After getting my computer cleaned I lost it and I was wondering if anybody know the link to the package so I could download it again? I think it was also a WinRar ZIP file as well.
Robert Frazer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote
This is something of a hefty bump, I know, but I do think that the additional sense of perspective given by a little time allows for an opportunity to reflect on the programme.

Anyway, I'm fairly late to the party as I was only recently introduced to Gunslinger Girl, but it will suffice to say that I found the series to be an immaculate tour de force and a truly rapturous joy from reflective start to exultant end. I have every confidence that it will mature to be a genuine classic of anime.

I see that this sequel series has attracted a mixed reception, which is unfortunate, but most of the discussion above was while the series was still ongoing. Given that Triad abandoning its own fansub seems to have suffocated discussion I gather that not many people have taken advantage of the direct-download subs on the Funimation site (I would, but my card is an incompatible brand); in case anyone has had an opportunity to see Il Teatrino in its entirety though, how would you judge the series in review, as a complete story?

Incidentally, do we have any more concrete information about the Funimation license other than "released in 2009"? Even if Il Teatrino doesn't measure up to its predecessor I'm eager to delve further, particularly if they reassemble the same voice cast for the first series.
Robert Frazer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
This is something of a hefty bump, I know, but I do think that the additional sense of perspective given by a little time allows for another opportunity to reflect on the programme.

Anyway, I'm fairly late to the party as I was only recently introduced to Gunslinger Girl, but it will suffice to say that I found the series to be an immaculate tour de force and a truly rapturous joy from reflective start to exultant end. I have every confidence that it will mature to be a genuine classic of anime. Very Happy

I see that this sequel series has attracted a mixed reception, which is unfortunate, but most of the discussion above was while the series was still ongoing. Given that Triad abandoning its own fansub seemed to have suffocated discussion from back when the old thread was active, I gather that not many people have taken advantage of the direct-download subs on the Funimation site (I would, but my card is an incompatible brand). Even so, in case anyone on the forum has had an opportunity to see Il Teatrino in its entirety, how would you judge the whole series in review, as a complete story and show?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9