• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-02-06

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:48 am Reply with quote
Seishi wrote:
I live in BC, Canada, and I've never seen this once. Then again, I order most of my manga online these days thanks to ridiculous Canadian pricing.

It's not a published piece actually (yet anyways). It's just an online web comic done especially for ANN by Robin. That's would be why you've never seen it in a store or anywhere else online except here. Hopefully soon maybe it might in print for people to buy (wishful thinking). Very Happy
Seishi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:05 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Seishi wrote:
I live in BC, Canada, and I've never seen this once. Then again, I order most of my manga online these days thanks to ridiculous Canadian pricing.

It's not a published piece actually (yet anyways). It's just an online web comic done especially for ANN by Robin. That's would be why you've never seen it in a store or anywhere else online except here. Hopefully soon maybe it might in print for people to buy (wishful thinking). Very Happy

WHOOPS... lol. I should clear up that I know what Anime News Nina is. My comment was in response to what Nina discovers in the comic itself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rizuchan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how other Barnes and Nobles' are, but the one in my city encourages you to read books there, there's lots of tables with chairs and comfy armchairs, even. I've even gone there to do research instead of the library (which is nice because our public library is overrun by kids that don't have internet at home)

Of course, I imagine the purpose of this is create an environment for sampling books before you buy them rather than for kids that go there and read through all the manga, but they can't complain since the environment is pretty encouraging Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sdsyukichan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I haven't really had this problem, because apparently not many people in my area read manga. But I did run into this in Kinokuniya while I was in NY. It's really frustrating while you're trying to go through a huge selection of it, and there are 5 people in your way.

I've started buying manga online more now, though. I'm paying less for all of my books, 99% of which are in better condition (practically new) than what I was buying at the bookstore for 3-4x the price.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9