• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
Donytsu is obviously an ailuromorphic doughnut. But that background suggests something more. Something more terrifying.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
Well I pre-ordered the Jounouchi Katsuya figure.

Will go nicely with my Dark Yugi and Kaiba Seto figures. As well as my Black Magician and Black Magician Girl figures

And am waiting for Dark Malik and Dark Bakura to be available for pre-order as well.

I hope they make some figures for either GX or Zexal down the line.
ShiroAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
Don't think I've posted this here. Came in a few weeks ago.

First Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure. Seriously considering the Posion Ivy & X-23 figures after seeing how nice Harley is up close.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
Not much of a figure collector, but I pre-ordered my second one towards the beginning of the year and came in recently...

First figure I purchased was the 100th Figma, Miku Append version.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh, the annoyances of using Registered SAL. . . I had to go to my local post office today to pick up Inia; it was annoying because I didn't know where it was (I don't have a smartphone either) so I ended up walking about 20 minutes around the neighborhood before finally reaching it. Nonetheless, here are photos of my purchase.

It was very annoying placing her on the stand; I feared breaking the legs or the pegs but I managed to open up her legs and put her in her place. Gosh, that sounded perverted but I am a pervert so that's expected.

Different angle:

Next to Cryska:

The motherland. . . is beautiful.

And here's where I would place the two but unfortunately, they'll end up in their plastic prisons so my mother won't find out that I play with dollies or collect them.

With both Inia and Cryska in my collection, I believe I am ready for any BETA attack. Laser class ain't got nothing on these two. I think I'm done with Muv Luv figurines unless there are Meiya or Yuuhi ones in stock.
victor viper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Oh, the annoyances of using Registered SAL. . . I had to go to my local post office today to pick up Inia; it was annoying because I didn't know where it was (I don't have a smartphone either) so I ended up walking about 20 minutes around the neighborhood before finally reaching it.

Inia is so cute. I'm very tempted to get her, although since she still seems to be in stock at HLJ and AmiAmi maybe she'll hit the bargain bin before long. I feel your pain about going to the post office; I can probably count on one hand every time I haven't had to drive to the post office to pick up an EMS package.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 am Reply with quote
I've only gone to the post office once to pick up a package and that was because they lied when they said they attempted to deliver the package. Luckily mine's pretty close by(I rode there by bike) and stands by itself on a corner, making it impossible to miss if you don't get completely lost.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
Welp, got a notice from amiami that my Sena Kashiwazaki (the aptly nicknamed "Meat") figure is ready, so I paid up. I now officially have no more figures on pre-order or order. I think this is the first time in almost 2 years this has been the case.

My figure fever has definitely broken. In 2011, I spent $4,750-ish CAD to buy 54 figures (and that doesn't include shipping, handling and sales tax), whereas this year, I spent a little over $600 CAD to get 13 figures.

I imagine I'll continue to get the occasional figure here and there, but for the most part, the madness is past. For which both my bank account and limited display space are profoundly grateful.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
Hooray! She's in stock! Ultimate Madoka, spoiler[Godoka] is in stock at AmiAmi. I just made my payment for her, and while I highly doubt I'll get her before I go back to work on Thursday, it makes me happy knowing she'll be on the way!
Veers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Hooray! She's in stock! Ultimate Madoka, spoiler[Godoka] is in stock at AmiAmi. I just made my payment for her, and while I highly doubt I'll get her before I go back to work on Thursday, it makes me happy knowing she'll be on the way!

Just saw my notification email, too! Woo!
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't received my notification yet. However, I did wait until the end of the pre-order period, trying to decide if I wanted to spend that much on a figure or not. Here's hoping they've got enough for the demand...
Veers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't received my notification yet. However, I did wait until the end of the pre-order period, trying to decide if I wanted to spend that much on a figure or not. Here's hoping they've got enough for the demand...

Email says:
*** Due to the large size and high order volume of this item, shipping will commence from December 28, 2012. ***

Frankly, I'm glad they'd holding off until after Christmas package rush has died down.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote

Mylene wrote:

According to GSC, Ultimate Madoka is made-to-order. As long you pre-ordered before the cut-off date, you should be good.

I pre-ordered mine from Hobby Search and they have announced that it should be in-stock within the year. They are still taking pre-orders for Ultimate Madoka as well. Hopefully, I should see an e-mail from them before the year ends. The clock is ticking.

Millennium mark reached in posts!
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
My only concern with the Madoka figure is my current order which includes Hartmann (now delayed). If they split the order, which is likely since they're now months off, I'm going to be pissed. I'm sick of this crap. I don't combine orders because I enjoy paying for shipping.

But enough of that.

Remember the Little Busters figure I received that pissed me off the final design raised its skirt? Yeah, piece of shit broke on me. I have it behind another figure in one of my cases, and I just happened to notice she was "off", so I open the doors to examine her and...

*snap*

The weight of the figure, which already had me suspicious when I removed her from the box, had finally bent the pin holding her to the base. Moving her was the last straw for the peg.

I could glue it, but I'm not going to. I'm trashing this one. It officially sucks now.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Still plugging away at my figure backlog...

Received in late November from AmiAmi, the Tiger & Bunny Chess Collection R vol.1 (set of 6):

They're about trading figure quality-- some minor assembly required (attaching extended arms and the nameplates & backplates) and Kotetsu & Barnaby's faces are not the greatest-- but for the price I'm not too upset. Speaking of the price, for the next volume I'm totally waiting until after release. I preordered these at ¥5080 Yen and now less than a month later they're on sale for ¥2100. Ouch. Anyway, I've never followed the release of a chess set collection before so I don't understand how it works. If they release 6 at a time, but there's 32 in a full set... What happens with those last 2 pieces? Also it seems that since the bases (which indicate whether it's a black or white piece) are not interchangeable, if you actually wanted a complete set I guess you just have to keep buying boxes and hope you end up with both a black and white version of each piece... Yeah, good thing I don't actually want to use these for playing chess.

And received more recently, 2012.12.18 from Anime Island, the Tiger & Bunny Kotetsu 1/8 G.E.M. series figure from Alter:

I am very pleased with him. He comes 4 heads, comprising all permutations of with and without cap and mask. I think I’ll display him without the cap (because it obscures his eyes) but with the mask (because it’s kinda sexy). Not much else to say about this except he’s gorgeous.

Also made an impulse preorder for the May 2013 release of Uta no Prince-sama - Tokiya Ichinose 1/8 [Alter]:

I’m not really interested in watching Uta no Prince-sama but I just kept finding myself going to his AmiAmi page and staring. I think it’s because this is the closest thing I’ve seen to a figure of a K-pop idol so I was weak to its charms. I’m not sure if I want to collect all 6 boys-- ~$80 (and that’s before S&H) x 6 is a lot for eye candy from a series in which I’m not really invested. But I found this one’s outfit particularly… compelling, so I inevitably caved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 89 of 111